PDA

View Full Version : What a great forum!

AlanH
09-11-2007, 11:32 AM
OK, this is officially the first post in the forum, made by me, who also poses as the Administrator. All kudos, congratulations, complaints and so on that are sent to the forum Administrator come to me...

...and I summarily trash them all.:eek:...look, that's a smilie. ...Try using the font and text editors at the top of your screen to add some impact to your words. The editor takes some getting used to, but once you figure it out, it's not bad.

I'll get some nifty SSS graphics up as I have time. I'm off for a 400-mile TransPac '08 qualifying run with Richard Rollins on "Libations, Too", tomorrow morning. So don't abuse the forum whle I'm gone!

Alchera
09-13-2007, 10:50 PM
Alan - Great job getting the forum up and running. For those that don't know, Alan spent several weeks researching the state of the art in bulletin board technology, and then bought the software, coordinated with the hosting service, and got it all up and running in a very short time. The SSS is actually paying for this service as opposed the the old service which was free and rarely seemed to work correctly. So hopefully, this board will be faster and more reliable.

Good luck on your qualifier, Alan.

- Mark

haulback
09-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes, good job Alan.

looking forward to a blow-by-blow retelling of qualifier stories.

Jim/Haulback

09-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks. Alan. Maybe a third time will be the charm.

Alchera
09-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Alan -

Is there something you need to do to enable avatar pictures? I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

- Mark

SSSForumAdmin
09-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Alan -

Is there something you need to do to enable avatar pictures? I don't seem to be able to get it to work.

- Mark

Avatars are allowed, and "uploading avatars"...meaning that you can use one that you want rather than picking from a pre-set array of them that I set up for you, is also turned on. So in theory it *should* work.

I'll log on as Alan H sometimes soon and try it myself.

Eyrie
11-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Test post for administration purposes

SSSForumAdmin
11-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Test.. Test..test..