PDA

View Full Version : Fiasco update

Philpott
01-28-2013, 12:31 AM
This from our Commodore, Jim Quanci, emailing from beneath the palm trees in Tonga:

"You might graciously say we are feverishly working on it - but with over 300 boats - and wanting to get it right (including reviewing hours of video tape) - it takes us some time (this is not your average 50 boat race).

And thank them for their patience."

So it is written, so it shall be done.

Philpott
01-28-2013, 08:56 AM
PRELIMINARY results will be posted today. All boats who did finish and who are marked as DNF, please contact Jan Brewer, 510.684.5555, directly or email her : redsailssf@yahoo.com, directly with approximate finish times, their direction, e.g. west to east, east to west, north, names of any boats around them that they remember, and any distinguishing features about their boat or the boats around them.

Matt
01-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the update. That's sooner than I expected. My plan was to review some finish video with Jan and get any updates into Jibeset on Tuesday evening. There is probably an expectation that all this could be done on the race deck right after the race but it's never an easy thing to get the volunteer effort right after the race. All of us volunteers would probably rather be sailing. Anyone that would like the results to get posted faster can help us with some volunteer effort before, during and after the races. Kudos to Jan for organizing all the volunteers and pulling off what I call "The largest number of boats in a shorthanded sailing race in the world." I challenge anyone to find a race with more singlehanded and doublehanded participants this year. If you hear of one, let me know. Matt

Philpott
01-28-2013, 12:47 PM
Dozens of you have emailed us (very graciously) about your finish times. Or that you were listed as DNF. Or that you were listed a DNS. Every single email has been forwarded to the RC. Thank you for your patience and your good humor. So many people had a good time, and that is what the Fiasco is all about.