PDA

View Full Version : SHTP results???

glennp
02-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Why does the SSS not post the race results to recognize the sailors and vessels that have completed the SHTP?

One would think an achievement of this magnitude would merit at least some permanent recognition on the SSS web site that documents the historical record of the races, skippers, comparing basic stats about boats and passage times, etc.

tiger beetle
02-26-2013, 08:25 PM
Ummm... because we're anti-social? :)

Prior race results are there, though you do have to dig for them. It also looks like the results compilation could use some updating to bring in the 2010 and 2012 races.

To find 'em: click on the belt buckle, click on About the Race (horizontal top menu), scroll down and click on Historical Race Results:

http://sfbaysss.org/TransPac/transpac2010/pdf/SHTP_Results_1978-2008.pdf

Maybe a link thru from the SSS main page would be worthwhile.

- rob/beetle

BobJ
02-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I updated the historical results through 2012 awhile back but I need to send it to Matt for posting.

(Edit - Now posted on the Race page - thanks Matt.)

I do think there should be a trophy list from the 2012 race - not sure why that never happened.

glennp
03-03-2013, 12:55 PM
Justlooked though the standings showing on the link! Great info!

A link on the main page to the list would be terrific.

Thanks
Glenn

cafemontaigne
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Yeah, I've been to the site recently to look for the results, times, etc, for the 2012 race and couldn't find them at all. Most other race websites have a big "results" button on the front page, usually with links to historical results. Would be kind of nice...