PDA

View Full Version : Small boat -> Richmond to Stockton

AlanH
06-19-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm going to take the skerry on a little adventure and anybody who wants to come along is invited. Here's the deal...max boat size is 20 feet, max # of people on the boat is 3. This is a SMALL boat ....read, "dinghy" or maybe kayak or whatever...expedition. Got an old fiberglass boat like a FJ or a Lido or something that will carry you, some water and lunch, a sleeping bag, a tent, some food, - all in dry bags... and a handheld VHF? Well, get it out, clean it up and come out and play.

Here's the general idea:
Friday, August 9th - launch in Richmond at about 9:00 - 9:30 AM ... next stop, Glen Cove, or thereabouts. ... wherever they'll have us.
Saturday, August 10th - Glen Cove (or wherever) to Antioch/Oakley
Sunday, August 11th - Antioch/Oakley to Stockton

We'll arrange for a car shuttle amongst the participants. I've got e-mails out to some potential stop-overs, we'll see what works out.

There's no fee, no registration, nothing. Let me know if you want to come, that's it. Sail what you got. You might consider adding oarlocks, it could be pretty slow from Franks Tract all the way to Stockton! :p

Now, if someone with a really shallow-draft catamaran, that could serve as the "mother ship" wants to come along, there could be an exception made to the 20-foot "suggestion"! :D