PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine Autopilot Component

BobJ
04-01-2008, 01:04 AM
Per Raymarine's Website (http://www.raymarine.com/ProductDetail.aspx?SITE=1&SECTION=2&PAGE=913&PRODUCT=2794) Raymarine Linear Feedback Sensor Part #M81188

Explanation: Those of us with cockpit-mounted AP drive units still need a sensor to tell the AP's below-decks computer where the rudder is. There are two types of rudder feedback sensors, rotary and linear. I've been using a rotary sensor mounted atop the rudder post. Others use the linear-type unit I'm selling, usually piggybacked on top of the drive unit. The linear units tend to be better protected.

I planned to switch over to a linear sensor but based on the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" theory, I've changed my mind and have bought a backup rotary unit instead. So this linear sensor is for sale. It is new in the box with manual, etc. There is a warranty card but since you're not buying it from a dealer, I don't know if you can still get the warranty.

MSRP on RM's website is $280.00. I paid $100 less than that. If you need this unit please make me an offer.

BobsailsSF <at> yahoo <dot> com