PDA

View Full Version : Accommodations in Hanalei

WBChristie
10-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Does anyone have any input on this? My wife and three kids will spend a week coinciding (hopefully :)) with my arrival.
So far, it looks like a "villa" in Princeville is the way to go. Hmmm... a villa in Princeville ..sounds fantastic!

BobJ
10-29-2013, 07:07 PM
2008 SHTP Central (http://www.hanaleivacationhouse.com/)

If you're a good organizer, get some SHTP'ers together and rent this place. It's owned by Jim and Shannon who did a bunch of ocean cruising, ended up in Hanalei and never left. The Race Committee used the upstairs units as "Race Central" in 2008, and my family rented the downstairs unit. It was a bit cheaper than renting separate accommodations.

What's cool is you are right in downtown (sic) Hanalei, across from the little shopping area and next door to the Tahiti Nui, where the 2012 awards banquet was held. You're walking distance to Tree Time and with a longer walk, to the beach where the motorized boats come in/out (for provisioning, etc.)

Princeville is more modern and is very nice, but you have a 20+ minute drive to all the race activities.

WBChristie
10-30-2013, 05:48 PM
Thanks Bob... we will give it a try.

Mewes
11-14-2013, 10:09 AM
Gary,

The Big House was quite the place, and I'm surprised no one stayed there in '12. 4 units total. Studio, etc. BUT it us right behind Tahiti Nui, the happening place for late night drinking and partying. I understand it can be loud.

Hanalei Bay Resort also runs down to the beach, from Princeville. What a pool!

I really don't know how most folks find the houses the rent but they offer beach front...or close, yet quiet. I'll see what I can drag out from past participants.

Lucie Mewes

WBChristie
11-22-2013, 07:58 AM
Thanks Lucie...

ronnie simpson
11-27-2013, 12:45 AM
craigslist is worth a look. girlfriend and i rented a place after shtp 2010 that we were very happy with. fellow shtp'er and his girlfriend stayed there just afterwards

WBChristie
11-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Thanks Ronnie. I did have a look and found several suitable rentals

Submarino
03-03-2014, 11:36 PM
WBChristie, how did the rental turn out. I am looking for some place to crash, recreate, and walk back n forth to Tree Time.

Thanks,
JB