PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the new Crew List

pogen
10-31-2013, 03:45 PM
Hi All,

At the October 2013 Membership Meeting, Rob Blackmore, the regular crew on Jetstream stood up and made an appeal to the members to reach out and connect with younger sailors in particular to introduce them to shorthanded racing. Sounds like a good idea, but how? Well this list hopes to be a part of that.

In spite of the first 'S' of SSS standing for Singlehanded, and the Societies encouragement to get out there and try it yourself, for most races there are more DH entries than SH, and of course with two aboard each DH entry that means that over 2/3 of the bodies out there on crewed boats! And even though a skipper only needs one crew, it can be hard to find a good fit!

So, for you sailors who would like to experience the special excitement of DH racing, please post your contact info, experience, and interest -- skippers the same. Thanks!

peter00
11-29-2013, 08:40 PM
I will be needing crew to help get the boat from BC to SF prior to the 2014 SHTP. Early June, male, female, basically anyone who can maintain 98.6. Having said that it is usually fairly enthusiastic sailing so... get back to me pheiberg@yahoo.com

pogen
12-02-2013, 10:29 AM
Hi Guys,

When you have a new crew opportunity, or you are posting a new request to crew, please start a new thread in this sub-forum. You will get better results if you take a second to make an informative topic name, like "Experienced crew available for DH races SF spring 2014", or "Looking for Crew for DH Lightship" or some such. Thanks!

Mewes
12-05-2013, 02:47 AM
Peter,

My friend Mary used to say, "Want to crew? Just head down to the dock with your sea bag and breathe." I often applied that theory, though looks were a factor in my selections.