PDA

View Full Version : Possible crew on return?

cr1
04-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Hey all,
As of now Karen and I are still going to Kauai for vacation from July 29th thru August 11th. I'm just wondering out loud here, but I thought that if anyone needs a crew member on the return trip, that'd still be a chance for me to cross the Pacific. Right now the return trip looks pretty daggone inviting.

Rich
captainrich1@sbcglobal.net

Eyrie
06-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I received this email, so I'm passing it along. Please contact Sabine directly.

Synthia

----------

Dear Synthia,

I am writing to you about the SHTP 2008 today not as a potential participant (not there yet, skill-wise) but to add my name to a list (if it exists) of people interested in crewing on a delivery of a SHTP boat back form Hawaii. I did hear from a close friend who has participated in the SHTP 1978 that some skippers do appreciate help in bringing their boats back to the West Coast and I would be very interested in this kind of trip as a tremendous learning opportunity.

A little bit about myself and sailing - I am 33 and an engineer by training. I started sailing when I moved to California six years ago and have since sailed on boats of all sizes (13' to 52'). I have owned and partially rebuilt a Cal 25 for two years and recently partnered with another local Cal owner on a cruising Cal 3-30. I started racing last year with in our local WetWednesday fleet. A few weeks ago I completed my first trans-Pacific passage from Ventura to Hilo.

Please let me know if you see the possibility of me crewing on a return delivery - and of course feel free to ask me any questions. I'd also love to hear more about your own preparation for the SHTP,

Best regards,

Sabine
safaha@gmx.net