PDA

View Full Version : The book you've all been waiting for

peter00
05-05-2014, 04:11 PM
BREAKING NEWS: After several years work my book ‘Lee Shore Blues, sex, drugs, and blue water sailing” is finally FINALLY available on Amazon and Kobo. The full colour print version will be available from me (leeshoreblues@yahoo.com) in a few weeks.
“Lee Shore Blues” is not your average nautical book. Peter Heiberg takes us on an irreverent charge through the highlights of his life at sea, from evading the homosexual advances of a 300-pound steward in the mid-Pacific at 19 years of age, to rebuilding and sailing a thirty-ton engineless Bristol Channel pilot cutter from the UK to Canada’s west coast. After commercial fishing in the Queen Charlotte Islands, skippering a tug boat on the Inside Passage, and captaining a cruise ship in the Caribbean with a full complement of hookers on board, Peter concludes the volume with his ongoing single-handed ocean-racing idiocies. Not for those with delicate sensibilities, but definitely a book for lovers of great sea stories who don't mind the expletives included.”
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=lee+shore+blues
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-CA/ebook/lee-shore-blues
Scaramouche will be down by the head with print versions in San Francisco before the SHTP as well as in Kauai.

Philpott
05-05-2014, 05:04 PM
I've certainly been waiting for a boat book signing party. When will you arrive onsite, Scaramouche, scaramouche, will you do the fandango and sign the books?

peter00
05-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Will I do the fandango? I will do almost anything, I have more money in this bloody book than I do in my boat. I think by tomorrow I should know where Scaramouche will be in SF. You can recognize me, I'm the guy with the stack of books and a tin cup.

Philpott
05-05-2014, 06:56 PM
There will be a cruise-in at the Richmond Yacht Club on May 30/31; Transpacers are bringing their boats to compare and problem solve last minute issues. That's a good place for a book signing: set up on the deck of your enormous boat with a stack next to you. Then there's the last Transpac seminar at the Oakland Yacht Club on June 11, topic = weather, race strategy and books to buy. By the way, am I in it?

Whoa!! This is not a book book, is it? Seriously it is only downloadable? I take it all back. Tangibility. That's important.

peter00
05-05-2014, 07:26 PM
It would take some wonderful sailing to get me in town by the 11th. And yes it is a book book, with real pages. The print version is quite a bit better for reasons that will become apparent.

Steevee
05-08-2014, 07:22 AM
Peter, is this an instructional book with pictures and everything, and will I be allowed to read this book while on watch? I'm only asking since drugs and alcohol won't be allowed...this will be the next best thing. ; )

-Steve

peter00
05-08-2014, 07:49 AM
As I say on the back cover, "This is the only nautical book you'll ever need....if you have trouble sleeping."

pogen
05-08-2014, 10:22 AM
Evading the sexual advances of a 30-ton Bristol Channel cutter would also make a good story.

peter00
05-08-2014, 11:17 AM
I was seduced by that boat in the first minute that I saw her and still loved her 35 years later