PDA

View Full Version : It's time....recruiting a new forum moderator and wonk

AlanH
05-01-2008, 05:33 PM
After about 5 years of being the forum wonk and moderator:eek:, through three different forums, it's time to hand the mantle on to someone else. I need the time to focus on the Transpac and besides, it's not good if one person does any job for the SSS for too long.

If you're interested in taking on the position, drop me a PM.

It's really not much work. You need to understand the basics of server/client stuff, and be able to communicate with the system administrators who do the actual work, at our ISP. You need to have some time to browse through the various panels in the Administrative interface and get familiar with the software. I've left the "look and feel" of the place very vanilla, there's a lot of customizing that could be done.

I've only had to ban about 4-5 users in 3 years, so that's not too onerus. You'll get 3-4 PM's a month about forum issues, and you'll need to keep informed on system upgrades, and make local backups of the database file that contains all the past posts. This is very easy. I can show you what to do.

So...the time has come. Alan resigns on June 1st, so that gives folks a week or two to think it over, and then two weeks to get up to speed. PM me if you're interested.

Alan

SSSForumAdmin
05-07-2008, 11:34 AM
WE HAVE A WINNER!

The Board has decided that the job of maintaining and moderating the forum will fall under the purview of the SSS Webmaster, and so I present to you, starting on June 1st, your new Forum Wonk... He Whom Shall Be Obeyed...

Rob MacFarlane. aka Tiger Beetle.

Thanks, Rob. It's not that much work, honest!

Also, as previously announced....Synthia, aka Eyrie on the board is a "Super Moderator", so genuflect as she walks by, 'cause she's got the mojo.

AlanH
09-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Just a reminder, I am NO LONGER THE FORUM ADMINISTRATOR. Any PM's or mail that I get regarding forum logistics or maintenance gets forwarded to the new Admin.

I'd like to help you all, but if I keep doing that, the job will NEVER move on to the next person.

Thanks.

Alan