PDA

View Full Version : Spectator Fleet

pogen
06-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi,

I was going to punt on the OYRA HMB race, and instead sail (motor, really) over to CYC Saturday to watch the start and see the racers off. Flying my SSS burgee of course.

I could probably touch-and-go at CYC docks to pick up other spectators (or from nearby?) if we could get it organized. I suppose that most friends and family are just going to watch from the CYC terrace? I've heard there will be a lot there. But I am concerned also about all the wooden boat show traffic that is supposed to start piling in after 12:00.

Thoughts? It might be good to take someone with a good camera to record for posterity.

pogen
06-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Bump.

I am still planning on being there with my boat about 10:30 to 11:00 if anyone wants a few of the start from the water. PM me here, or email .

Wind forecast on SailTactics still looks superlight for the start BTW.

captleasure
06-27-2014, 08:58 PM
ahoy! tortuga will be there in the am too if any SSS folks would like to come aboard and watch the race start and sail under the bridge and back. planning on docking at Sams (tides allowing) and wishing the racers well in the am pre race.
cheers randy
w32 tortuga

LasBrisas
06-29-2014, 09:23 AM
Thank you Randy for an amazing sail on Tortuga. Is Lilya out of the race? What happened, I don't see her moving on Yellowbrick.

Mewes
06-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Lilya will sail WIDMAT to Hanalei when she is ready, just as she did two years ago with Jen Mooney (Little Bo Peep).
Frank Wooten went out to qualify and drowned too many electrical pieces.
Backbeat examined it's keelbolts and called it a halt.

pogen
06-30-2014, 08:31 AM
I think it should be remembered that Pac Cup has nearly 50 boats and probably 200 sailors. And they have a Village. We have ~20 boats and 20 sailors. So the scope is a lot smaller.

That Great Pacific Race (rowers) seems to have a nice website.

Did WIDMAT cross the starting line in the allotted 3-hour window?