PDA

View Full Version : Is Lightspeed still having trouble steering?

Robert Stodieck
07-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Looks like Lightspeed may still be having problems with the ball of twine on his prop and rudder. He is waay north.

Lightspeed
07-18-2014, 07:36 PM
Sorry for the delay just checked the forum. Rudder problem turned out to be a fishing net line with a block wrapped around the rudder shaft. Loud popping was block rubbing between rudder top and hull. Right turn was a bad late night low sleep call on my part. I was reading expedition that said a big high was going to hit the fleet and a quick over the top move of about 6 hours would clear Lightspeed and hit the fleet. Morning gribs proved different and expedition basically said whoops you should have stayed where you were. After a dead wind day kicking myself I spend the rest of the race on a beam reach trying to recover. Only had the kite the last 3 days. I may have to do this race again Lightspeed deserves better. Rick

dhusselman
07-23-2014, 03:44 PM
Hi Rick,

Congratulations of finishing the race. Lightspeed deserves better indeed. I hope you will take part of the next one and I hope to join you (read: race against you).

I'm looking forward to catch up and hear the stories.

Dirk