PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Wish Preparation

Warriors Wish
05-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Warriors Wish is home from the NC coast (I sail 5 hours from where I live) after spending the last 3 months in the water getting ready for the Singlehanded Transpac 2008. I wanted to thank everyone for their help in getting me acclimated to the west coast way of doing things. I believe the boat is in order and now its time for the triple checks and cleanup.

Adding two additonal diesal tanks to the F250 to give me some additional range. Looking at a 2800 mile trip from NC to CA getting 8 miles to the gallon. OUCH!!!, did not budget for that one.

It will be nice to throw the list in the trash and get to sea.

On a last note. Can someone give me the SSB frequencys that are used during the race.

Thanks again for all your help, looking forward to buying the first round,

Don

sleddog
05-05-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm sure I speak for the SHTP fleet when I say we look forward to your safe arrival in CA. We know WARRIORS WISH is no heavy weight, so keep her behind the truck until you reach the Pacific. All hands here ready to assist you as needed.

The 2006 Communications plan and freks are posted on the SSS SHTP website, and I'm sure 2008 will be similar. Radio Com Officer Tiger Beetle will likely chime in here when further details are needed or available.

What did you do about that bell buoy in your cockpit?

~sleddog