PDA

View Full Version : Monterey to SF

Gamayun
10-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Jackie and I just motor/sailed KYNNTANA down from Treasure Island to Monterey. We had a great trip with lots of sightings of whales, dolphins, birds and one half-eaten sea lion carcass. We did the whole trip in shorts and t-shirts. No lie. We anchored for a night in HMB and Santa Cruz.

I'll be on a dive survey this week, then looking to bring KYNNTANA back to Treasure Island in one big hop either Thursday, Friday or this weekend. Anyone interested? Ideally, I'd like to get back to the bay by Friday so I can do the Vallejo 1-2 race, but I'll let the weather and crew factor into those decisions. Right now it's looking like 15-20 kts NW and light swell for Thursday. Please send me an email, if interested, and we can discuss further. One to two crew would be best.

carliane at seajayenv dot com

Thanks!

Philpott
10-05-2014, 12:16 PM
Budget rent a car was only $37 one way between Monterey airport and downtown Oakland. The cab ride from the Harbormasters office in Monterey marina (Yellow Cab - 831.443.1234) to the airport/Budget counter cost $17. What a deal! Call me for a discount code on the car. On Kynntana one travels in style and comfort.