PDA

View Full Version : LongPac seminars

Critter
04-24-2015, 11:07 AM
The LongPac race committee is pleased to announce the following calendar of seminars and get-togethers in preparation for the LongPac. Entrants, potential entrants and the merely curious are all welcome.

Saturday, May 16, Richmond YC. Emergency steering clinic and sail-in. Advice from experts is promised. If you're doing the race, come by with your boat and share your setup. Or lug your E-rudder over in your car if it's not set up yet. Hopefully we can knock a few equipment inspections out of the way while we're all there.

Wednesday May 20, in conjunction with the Singlehanded Farallones skippers meeting: Short presentations by race veterans with tips for a successful race. Very free-form. If you've done the race a time or two and have any ideas or opinions to share, please ping me to join in. If you don't, you may hear from me anyway.

Wednesday June 3, in conjunction with SHF awards meeting: Fire safety presentation by Steve Hodges, winner of last year's SH TransPac. Real fire is promised!

If you've got some expertise in a relevant subject to this year's race - first aid? weather? communications? - and would like to give a talk on the subject, we can give you a venue. Let me know!

Many thanks to Commodore Al for the heavy lifting on setting up these dates.
Max

pogen
04-24-2015, 12:07 PM
I added this to the LongPac page on the main site.