PDA

View Full Version : Curious, when does registration typically open?

svShearwater
05-15-2015, 08:57 AM
I know, I know, we are still 13 months from the start and the SHTP is more a of low-key, not like the other guys, race, but still curious. When does the NOR and registration typically start up?

I received my AIS transponder this week in preparation for my qualifying voyage the last week of June.

Secured a borrowed liferaft for Chris's qualifier in October. We'll spend much of this summer getting the necessary electronics and safety gear installed.

My first singlehanded race ever (except in a Laser!) is the first week of June in Vancouver B.C. Chris's first singlehanded race ever will be the first week in August on Galveston Bay.

sleddog
05-18-2015, 06:47 AM
Shearwater asks: I know, I know, we are still 13 months from the start and the SHTP is more a of low-key, not like the other guys, race, but still curious. When does the NOR and registration typically start up?

Recommend going back in SHTP Forum thread, and noting "Release Dates" from 2014 SHTP. Typically, but not always, the NOR is presented in Sept. and the RRC a month following.....but SSS is all volunteer and Life's events can and do happen.
That said, the 2014 SHTP docs, and the 2015 Long Pac requirements can give direction.