PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for rig work and other stuff

dhusselman
06-01-2015, 10:55 PM
I normally don't recommend any yard or service. However as a single-handed racer I want to point out that Gilles and Denis at GC Rigging and Composites at Sugardock are great guys that will work with you to make any project work. They will brainstorm with you and deliver solutions you want as a solo racer without the cost of a typical boatyard. Due to my time limitation and changes I'm incorporating I found that I can let those guys take care of some of my projects and have it done better compared to doing it myself (not my experience with typical yards).

Dirk "TIJD" First 30 JK

pogen
06-02-2015, 08:56 AM
Ditto, Giles has done a lot of work on my boat though not recently.

Oh, he and his partner kicked ass in DH division in the last PacCup.

Lightspeed
06-02-2015, 05:25 PM
Yes Gilles and Denis are great. Did all of Lightspeed's rig work but Bill & Grace at Sugardock are the real secret. Best in the water do it your self boat yard in the Bay. And if your lucky and she is there Bill & Graces Eros is very beautiful up close. Lightspeed spent a very happy year there getting ready for the 2012 PacCup.

Gamayun
06-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Huh. I'd never heard of this place before now. Thanks! I'm going to check out yards soon.

Lightspeed
06-02-2015, 11:14 PM
Like I said best keep secret in the bay. www.sugardock.com on the south side of the channel across from Bay Ship & KKMI. Bill and Grace use to own Stone Boat Yard and down sized to escape the big boatyard headaches to SugarDock. you can not find better quality people and in water yard plus you also get the benefit of GC Rigging....

mike cunningham
06-05-2015, 02:16 PM
OK headed over there to replace my 29 year old lazy jack cables and blocks which i just removed this morning.

mike cunningham
06-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Done. Gilles left my stuff under the ramp for pickup Friday afternoon. Sweet. I fondled my new lazyjack rigging all the way home. Am I the only one who fondles new rigging?

Gilles wasn't sure what the charges were, told me to come pick my stuff up and he'll invoice me when he figures it out.

One of the old tugs at Sugardock had just sunk dumping a bunch of diesel. Big environmental trucks were working OT when I got there.