PDA

View Full Version : Boat Inspections

Ergo
05-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Three days remaining 'till the deadline for scheduling inspections. Five boats have not scheduled and you really don't want to be in a position of having to explain missing the deadline to Synthia. Be advised - I'm not covering for you. It'll be you and Synthia and I know who I'm betting on. It won't be pretty.

Also, please have the required charts etc before the inspection. Not having items will complicate things at the Corinthian if we have to re-check things that should have been aboard for the inspection.

So, you slackers. You know who you are. You've been warned. Please get it done.

Bill Merrick
415-331-8820

Ergo
05-21-2008, 03:37 PM
There are now four names on the slackers list. You know who you are and you really don't want to think that "they can't.......all of us." there aren't that many of you left and yes we can ......

Bill Merrick

BobJ
05-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Be advised - I'm not covering for you. It'll be you and Synthia and I know who I'm betting on. It won't be pretty.

Oh, don't let all those bruises fool you - the R/C's a creampuff!

I don't know who the four are, but if they need anything at the last minute I hope they'll let us all know. I'll likely end up with extras of this 'n that, as will others.

I'm told Bill's schedule is wide open from 2300-2400 on 6/14 - that's over three weeks away. No worries . . .

Eyrie
05-25-2008, 10:36 AM
If you have a closer look at the Calendar of Events that's posted on the web site:
6/14/08 Deadline for completion of local yacht’s inspection.
7/06/08 1800 PDT Deadline for passing of all the yacht’s inspection.

Also, have a closer look at the RRCs that's also posted on the web site:
18 PENALTIES & REWARDS
18.1 Time penalties will be assessed for non-compliance with deadlines specified in the Notice of Race, Racing Rules & Conditions, Sailing Instructions, and any amendments to the same. A yacht late for these deadlines shall receive a time penalty of 15 minutes per whole hour late applied to the yacht's corrected time. :(

18.5 If all deadlines are met the skipper will receive a reward for good behavior, which will be distributed at the Skippers meeting on July 11, 2008. :)

Now, wouldn't you rather get a reward than a penalty? :confused:

Just a thought... (read warning) :eek:

Synthia / Eyrie