PDA

View Full Version : LongPac documents

dhusselman
06-22-2015, 12:57 PM
Can't seem to find the templates for the required documentation. Can someone provide a link?

A signed Waiver Form and Crew Contact Form for skipper and crew.
Certification of Qualifying Cruise/Race, signed by skipper.

Thanks,

Dirk "TIJD" - First 30JK

Critter
06-22-2015, 03:22 PM
My fault, Dirk. Trying to keep too many balls in the air.

For the qualifying sail, just send me an email in the form:
On (date) I skippered the vessel (name) from (point) to (point). This passage was made (single/double)handed, entirely under sail, covered (xx) miles, and reached a point (xx) miles from land.
Or just name the race (if you finished) and point me to the race results.

I'll get the waivers composed shortly. Thanks for your patience.
Max
a.crittenden (at) sri.com or
martin32max (at) yahoo.com

dhusselman
06-22-2015, 07:23 PM
Hi Max,

No problem, I understand that there are many details to take care off. Let me know how I can help. I have some free time in the next few weeks before the race.

Thanks,

Dirk

My fault, Dirk. Trying to keep too many balls in the air.

For the qualifying sail, just send me an email in the form:
On (date) I skippered the vessel (name) from (point) to (point). This passage was made (single/double)handed, entirely under sail, covered (xx) miles, and reached a point (xx) miles from land.
Or just name the race (if you finished) and point me to the race results.

I'll get the waivers composed shortly. Thanks for your patience.
Max
a.crittenden (at) sri.com or
martin32max (at) yahoo.com

pogen
06-23-2015, 09:35 AM
I'm not sure that Jibeset has accepted my POB list. Crew? We don't need no steenking crew.

Also, my life raft cert will not be available until I pick up my rental unit from Sals, a few days before the race.

And I think the comms plan form is not yet available. Though the EPRIB data is entered already via Jibeset.

I attached my qualifying cruise form, not sure if it all got through.

Philpott
06-23-2015, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure that Jibeset has accepted my POB list. Crew? We don't need no steenking crew. Also, my life raft cert will not be available until I pick up my rental unit from Sals, a few days before the race. And I think the comms plan form is not yet available. Though the EPRIB data is entered already via Jibeset. I attached my qualifying cruise form, not sure if it all got through.

Poor Max. He wasn't the original organizer for the Long Pac and only agreed to do it because ... well, because he's Max. He's a mensch. The rest of it could have been addressed by the man behind the Jibeset, but no one asked him to do it. A change in the software set up? That he can do with a flick of the wrist, but again, no one asked. Max is preparing for the race himself, working full time, inspecting boats etc etc. You know. He's Max. So, remember that this is the SSS. No staff. Not a yacht club. All will be done in good time and all will be well done in the end.

BobJ
06-23-2015, 12:12 PM
Got White-Out? The RR&C's are even good until 2103:

https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T009193816

Critter
06-23-2015, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the kind words, Jackie. I've decided not to enter the race this time. My jib tack fitting is broken, and I decided it was a good time to rebuild or replace the entire stem fitting.

Every LP entrant who finished the SH Farallones this year is checked off on my list as qualified. If your qualifier is a different race or another ocean sail, please send me an email as outlined above.

Try to get your initial inspection done by this weekend. I don't expect you to have your liferaft from Sal's yet, so we can check off such items later. I've sent my list of inspectors to everyone who says they're ready. I'm trying to avoid doing inspections myself, but I will have some time this weekend if you can't connect with anyone on the list.

Max