PDA

View Full Version : LongPac weight reduction recommendation

mike cunningham
06-27-2015, 11:11 AM
I need to reduce weight aboard. I am currently carrying a bottle each of 12 year old glenmorangie, stoli, courvoisier, and bombay sapphire gin.
Which one should I ditch?

Philpott
06-27-2015, 08:10 PM
I need to reduce weight aboard. I am currently carrying a bottle each of 12 year old glenmorangie, stoli, courvoisier, and bombay sapphire gin. Which one should I ditch?

I don't think you are taking this seriously, Mike. Ditch any fresh fruit and vegetables first, of course.

Critter
06-27-2015, 08:20 PM
If they're declared on your PHRF application, you have to keep all of them. And of course you must stow two bottles on each side of the boat.
Of course, the race committee may be swayed after inspecting the Glenmorangie.

Gamayun
06-27-2015, 09:27 PM
Weight schmeight. I'm double handing on Mouton Noir. Give it to us for safe keeping. We'll never notice the weight and only a small, in-kind payment will be extracted from each bottle...

Jan Brewer
06-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Weight reduction? I can think of a few other things other than those obviously mentioned that you might want to pass along to your PRO and we can discuss those at the skippers' meeting. I can be bribed!!!

mike cunningham
06-29-2015, 11:12 AM
Problem solved. I was informed today I passed inspection. I shall return home and celebrate my way to the required ship lightening.