PDA

View Full Version : LongPac Roll Call

dhusselman
07-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Just to understand the Roll Call process.

Is jim going to call each boat or is each boat going to call in with it's information?

We are using VHF for Roll Call so I assume that Jim will miss half of the boats after the first 12 hours. Does it make more sense for each boat to call in in 1 minute intervals in alphabetical order. If Jim hears the boat, he can confirm, if not another boat can confirm and relay to Jim?

Dirk "TIJD" - First 30JK

JimQuanci
07-07-2015, 04:58 PM
Just to understand the Roll Call process.

Is jim going to call each boat or is each boat going to call in with it's information?

We are using VHF for Roll Call so I assume that Jim will miss half of the boats after the first 12 hours. Does it make more sense for each boat to call in in 1 minute intervals in alphabetical order. If Jim hears the boat, he can confirm, if not another boat can confirm and relay to Jim?

Dirk "TIJD" - First 30JK

I will call every boat in alphabetical order by VHF at 8 am/pm and then by SSB at 830 am/pm. Will ask for relays if/when not hearing from the boat called. With relays acting like a human daisy chain, we should reach most folks. No big deal if we don't reach everyone. There are also a few boats with really strong radio set-ups (ie Mike on Mouton Noir, Dan on Galaxea and David on Temerity) which will be a big help with relays.

Now on a real important subject... pray for wind... time to do that "wind dance". :-)

Lightspeed
07-07-2015, 08:06 PM
Lightspeed is testing her own DeLorme InReach unit on this race and has text/email connections to Max & Jan if need. If anyone in the fleet has issues and can not raise the race committee or Jim on Green Buffelo try hailing Lightspeed and I will relay your message via text/email to Max & Jan....Rick

pogen
07-07-2015, 08:52 PM
I think over half the fleet has AIS transmit as well, we may be able to just see each other.