PDA

View Full Version : Return Trip

John Hayward
06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi All,

I am planning to singlehand back also, by way of the San Juans. I believe Feolina, Dogbark, Haulback and Wenlemir are also heading/returning to the Northwest. Is anybody else? As with the trip "to" HI, I suspect Dogbark will be arriving about the time I celebrate the halfway point! I plan to leave around the 5th (my wife, relatives and friends are leaving on the 4th) but that is pretty much cast in Jello. If anybody else is leaving around the same time for the Pacific Northwest are you interested in some sort of informal radio schedule??? Perhaps if Dogbark finds the doldrums he can tell us where "not" to go?? I am planning to spend 5 to 7 days in the San Juans checking them out and seeing if a much longer summer trip is necessary in the future before running down the coast, straight through (weather permitting).

If anybody else is interested let me know.

John
Dream Chaser

haulback
06-13-2008, 07:17 AM
I will probably be leaving Hanalei around/about the same time....

Last few returns, times and freq's used homeward-bound have been same as during race.

Have a few San Juan 'cruising guide-type' books kicking around. Would be happy to give them to you for use as ballast for the race. they are even fairly current, I believe.

If you don't want them, maybe someone else does.

Do let me know soon as I am leaving here next week.

Jim/Haulback

John Hayward
06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Hi Jim,

Thanks very much for the offer of the cruising guides, I just ordered three of them from Amazon. Afoot and Afloat, The Waggoner Cruising Guide and the guide by Scherer. If you think these are all worthless let me know what I "should" have please. I got the Afoot and Afloat guide to the San Juans and it seems OK. Half hiking and half cruising, but that isn't all bad.

John
Dream Chaser