PDA

View Full Version : Standard Horizon HX270S Free to a singlehander

Philpott
03-04-2016, 05:08 PM
That last freebie resulted in such a flurry of comments, I had to find something else to give away. This time it is a VHF, and it works! Fully charged, everything that it came with still in the box. PM me. I will bring it to the Corinthian Skippers' meeting. Ready? Set! Psychoanalyze!

Philpott
03-04-2016, 05:18 PM
In fact, if anyone else has giveaways, why not bring them to the Skippers' meeting?

Gamayun
03-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Jackie, if no one wants this, it's the same type we use at the Half Moon Bay Yacht Club. I'll take it and donate to the club. They are used a lot.

I pondered your statement about psychoanalyzing and took a closer look at the picture....good to see the proud hook :)

BobJ
03-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Nice white cup hook but its holder goes with your new radio, not that one. I don't think the AA battery tray does either. There's a weird face in the paisley surface to the left of the wood tabletop. I'm suspicious of that plug next to the antenna. The coffee cup ring looks like a jellyfish. What does the white tag on the wall wart say? What is the duct tape hiding?

More questions than answers here.

Daydreamer
03-05-2016, 09:23 AM
The power cables look like they will blend nicely with my electrical panel !

BobJ
03-05-2016, 09:31 AM
DD/NM, you must be into nautical feng shui.

The Smokester
03-05-2016, 10:07 AM
This seems like a cry for help. How do you feel, Jackie?

Gamayun
03-05-2016, 11:27 AM
The coffee cup ring looks like a jellyfish.

It looks like a happy, beaming sun to me. Wonder what Dr. Rorschach would say about that?!

Philpott
03-05-2016, 05:20 PM
It looks like a happy, beaming sun to me. Wonder what Dr. Rorschach would say about that?!

Carliane, I'm no psychiatrist, but I think a shrink might believe, for a brief moment, that your response suggests a well adjusted person with a positive attitude. Until, that is, you reveal your intention to sail across the Pacific alone in a sailboat. That. Is. Nuts!

Gamayun
03-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Best way to know your limits is to keep pushing them out of the way ;)