PDA

View Full Version : I need help spending money

mike cunningham
03-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Wondering how to pay the $650 "infrastructure" fee. When I go to Jibeset and hit pay fees it returns "paid in full" but the RRCs say I am overdue on the $650 as of Feb 28.

I am probably overlooking something, probably something pretty obvious?

BobJ
03-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Wait until the infrastructure comes looking for you.

(The SHTP has infrastructure?)

Philpott
03-05-2016, 10:34 AM
Wondering how to pay the $650 "infrastructure" fee. When I go to Jibeset and hit pay fees it returns "paid in full" but the RRCs say I am overdue on the $650 as of Feb 28.

I am probably overlooking something, probably something pretty obvious?

Oh boy, you're in trouble now! Did you think sailing alone on a small boat across an ocean would be easy? Just transfer €500 into my checking account and I will cover all your fees out of that. I'll even make arrangements for Jacqueline the namesake in Kauai.

BobJ
03-05-2016, 10:40 AM
The infrastructure found you.

Gamayun
03-05-2016, 11:22 AM
Sssshhhh, Mike. Some of us are still trying to figure out how pay our yard fees without resorting to panhandling or something worse!

mike cunningham
03-05-2016, 12:34 PM
well, Jibeset does say "paid in full" but the rules say pay by the 28th or suffer a $100 fine!

So I guess this translates into "sooner or later you will need to pay $650 for infrastructure and if you have not paid sooner or later, someone is going to come looking for another $100 just because you were a PIA. Anyone who complains will be assessed an additional $100 PIA fine"

I love this place! Hopefully this joking post doesn't stimulate the money men to come looking for checks.

By the way, my Wife found my "Hawaii Budget" open in my google docs. As we say in the business world, I had not fully coordinated with all stakeholders. That was an interesting conversation.

BobJ
03-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Oops. I assume you no longer need help spending money.

Gamayun
03-05-2016, 01:16 PM
By the way, my Wife found my "Hawaii Budget" open in my google docs. As we say in the business world, I had not fully coordinated with all stakeholders. That was an interesting conversation.

Ruh, roh. That's going to generate a whole nother conversation about how SSS members hide their sailing purchases...

BobJ
03-05-2016, 01:20 PM
Keep new sails in the old bags. If you dry them out at home like I do, always buy the same color spinnakers. Anything over $100 goes on the boat's credit card.

(Is this what you mean CJ?)

Gamayun
03-05-2016, 07:00 PM
Keep new sails in the old bags. If you dry them out at home like I do, always buy the same color spinnakers. Anything over $100 goes on the boat's credit card.

(Is this what you mean CJ?)

That could work. Also, send deliveries of new widgets to your friend's house!

hodgmo
03-05-2016, 11:11 PM

Some find it useful to compare the race costs to psychotherapy; $ave by $ailing $o to $peak. Plus, in the SHTP, you get a belt buckle and boat plaque, and unique swag, things no analyst will ever provide. And, i think it's fairly accurate to assert that the SHTP is cheaper than any other ocean race, it's a genuine bargain!

Intermission
03-06-2016, 10:34 AM
. . . And, i think it's fairly accurate to assert that the SHTP is cheaper than any other ocean race, it's a genuine bargain!

So would that be a hair shirt with a heart?

BobJ
03-06-2016, 11:20 AM
"Like"

hodgmo
03-06-2016, 11:33 AM
So would that be a hair shirt with a heart?

Slip into your Cilice, and don't forget your handy plank. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4q6eaLn2mY

dolfinbill
03-07-2016, 09:57 PM
Mike, I had trouble too. The trick is to go to "Update Registration" and scroll down. Using the "Pay Fees" link would be too logical.

Bill
Pacific Seacraft 37, Dolfin