PDA

View Full Version : Diver at the CYC

AlanH
06-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Is anybody planning on hiring a diver to scrub the bottom of their boat at the CYC on the 10th or the 11th? There's a competitor who is somewhat shy of posting here who would be interesting in splitting costs and having the diver clean his bottom as well.

you can PM me.

haulback
06-17-2008, 05:50 AM
sign me up too.

will contact when i get down there to confirm

Jim/Haulback

BobJ
06-17-2008, 08:23 AM
Per my e-mail to the fleet on this topic, if you are staying at Marina Village prior to heading for the Corinthian, Matt Peterson will clean your hull and inspect zincs/running gear. I've used Matt for 7 years, and so do many of the race boats at MV. He charges me $2.25/ft based on LOA.

Matt is scheduled to clean the SHTP boats at MV on July 8th or 9th.

If you want your hull cleaned at the Corinthian, the diver we used in 2006 is no longer in the business. Matt provided three other names which again are in my e-mail. If someone wants to talk to them and pick one, perhaps another group of you can work out a plan for hull cleanings at the Corinthian.

Thanks for the input on the crates. I'm buried at the moment but will try to pick up on this later in the week.

sleddog
06-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Is anybody planning on hiring a diver to scrub the bottom of their boat at the CYC on the 10th or the 11th? There's a competitor who is somewhat shy of posting here who would be interesting in splitting costs and having the diver clean his bottom as well.

Most pro divers charge by the LOA of the individual boat cleaned. Don't normally expect them to split costs between two or more boats. Just my 2 cents:

BobJ
07-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Diver update:

Haulback took the bull by the horns* and scheduled Bob Galvan: (415) 332-2627, for hull cleanings on the 11th at CYC. Please call Bob to get on his list and then confirm with him on the 10th when you know your slip number.

Matt is still available if you want to have your hull cleaned at MVYH before heading across the Bay.

* Not sure how this expression translates into Canadian, eh.

tiger beetle
07-03-2008, 07:43 AM
* Not sure how this expression translates into Canadian, eh.

That would be the Moose by the Antlers, for our bovine-impaired northern cousins.

- rob

haulback
07-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Musk Ox by the balls

Jim/Haulback