PDA

View Full Version : Season Standings Posted

Lightspeed
06-03-2016, 06:33 AM
Season Standings are now posted in the Farallones race or just click link below.

https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T006751528&DOC=fh&TYP=html

Lightspeed
09-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Seasons Standings through SHTP and Drakes Bay are now posted in Drakes Bay Race or click on link below..

https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T009690831&DOC=se&TYP=html

Wylieguy
09-22-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm really not very much interested in the "overall" SSS standing, but I wonder how "single" or "double" is determined? I sailed the TBF single this year, and of course the Farallones Race, but all the others double handed. Yet i'm in the "single" category. I'm not sailing the HMB (memorial service for an old friend Sunday), so will get a DNC for that race whichever category I'm in. As I said, I really don't care, so I don't want anyone spending time changing thiings this year. I guess next year I need to start off Doubling the TBF. Pat

Lightspeed
09-22-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm really not very much interested in the "overall" SSS standing, but I wonder how "single" or "double" is determined? Pat

Pat this is one area Jibest calculates not each club. From my point it should possible to be in both. I assume Jibeset just posts the top 50 points in each SH and DH...

Critter
09-23-2016, 02:00 PM
Pat this is one area Jibest calculates not each club. From my point it should possible to be in both. I assume Jibeset just posts the top 50 points in each SH and DH...
When I was the Ray Wrangler, this was the case. If you've competed at least once in each division, your points are calculated in both (with a lot of DNCs in one or the other).
If Pat has mostly been racing DH this year but doesn't show up in the top 50, it might be worth checking into. I'll have a look if I get a little time.
Max

Lightspeed
10-03-2016, 03:57 PM
We now have the Season Standings through Half Moon Bay.....https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T007871267&DOC=fh&TYP=html

Good luck racers.....I will be opening the Vallejo 1-2 as soon as we finish dinner issues....

Gamayun
10-04-2016, 09:25 PM
How come Kynntana is not there at all? I won my division in TBF, which I think is the only SSS race I was able to do this year. But I'll be ready for Vallejo!

Lightspeed
10-05-2016, 10:10 AM
How come Kynntana is not there at all? I won my division in TBF, which I think is the only SSS race I was able to do this year. But I'll be ready for Vallejo!

I will double check Jibeset but not all racers show up because it only prints the first 50 racers even though more that 50 racers are on the overall list....

Critter
10-05-2016, 03:12 PM
How come Kynntana is not there at all? I won my division in TBF, which I think is the only SSS race I was able to do this year.

Carliane, remember that season points are based on the overall standings in each race. Looking back, I see that you tied for 17th out of 36 singlehanded monohull starters in the Three Bridge. So (without digging out my slide rule) you would have received just under 0.5 points for that race. If all your other races were DNC (1.2 points), you're probably in about 51st place, just behind Oscar who scored .412 at HMB and DNC in everything else.
Hope this helps ... Max

Gamayun
10-05-2016, 10:39 PM
Carliane, remember that season points are based on the overall standings in each race. Looking back, I see that you tied for 17th out of 36 singlehanded monohull starters in the Three Bridge. So (without digging out my slide rule) you would have received just under 0.5 points for that race. If all your other races were DNC (1.2 points), you're probably in about 51st place, just behind Oscar who scored .412 at HMB and DNC in everything else.
Hope this helps ... Max

Fifty-first, huh? That's gotta count for something then ;) Thanks, Max!

Jonathan Gutoff
10-25-2016, 09:08 AM
Hey Rick or Ray, Does a one day DNF in the Drakes Bay and Vallejo 1-2 create an overall DNF for the series? Stink Eye has a DNF in the Drakes Bay because we dropped out on Sunday.

Hope this helps ... Max

Critter
10-25-2016, 02:30 PM
Hey Rick or Ray, Does a one day DNF in the Drakes Bay and Vallejo 1-2 create an overall DNF for the series? Stink Eye has a DNF in the Drakes Bay because we dropped out on Sunday.
It shouldn't. Each weekend was scored on the low point system, so you get a DNF score in one and your finishing place in the other.

Lightspeed
10-25-2016, 08:08 PM

Jonathan, I have an email into Ray who does our overall scores to clarify but I think the answer is wedged in our NOR/SSI 16 e.i. which refers to appependix A. A2 states in the second to last sentence "If a boat has two or more equal worst scores, the score(s) for the races(s) sailed earliest in the series shall be excluded". If that is Ray's criteria your first finish day was excluded...More when I hear back from Ray...

Lightspeed
10-26-2016, 06:58 AM

Got an email from Ray...DNF was a typo...He has reposted the update....