PDA

View Full Version : Last minute, silly, questions:

bizirka
06-23-2016, 11:30 AM
First Question: If I bring 2 gallons of Orange Juice can this count towards my 21 gallon water requirement? My guess is no, given the way the rules read :(

4.24 Water containers, securely installed, capable of holding a total of at least 21 gallons of fresh
water in two or more separate containers, no more than half of which may be carried in any one
container. Water containers must be filled at the yacht’s final inspection. (Ref RRC Rule 10.05)

Second Question: How exactly are you guys/gals measuring the halfway point? Specific Longitude, distance traveled vs distance left.. I want to make sure I party at the exact right time :)

BobJ
06-23-2016, 12:04 PM
1) You are correct (no).

2) When DTF=1,060 nm (that's NAUTICAL MILES y'all). We used to include DTF in our roll call reports so we were more aware of it. It also provided a quick-and-dirty way to see how you were doing against your competition.

bizirka
06-23-2016, 02:11 PM
Thanks Bob!

Philpott
06-23-2016, 03:58 PM
Thanks Bob!

And don't even THINK about opening your half way gifts early!

Mewes
07-12-2016, 12:09 PM
LOL! I presented our South Pacific-bound friends a 'half way gift' of a great ne'er read cake mix. They reported they made it for their equator crossing. Half way is in the mind.