PDA

View Full Version : Get Together @ Marina Village

robtryon
06-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Didn't Bob Johnson mention something a the last seminar about a get together at Marina Village? Is this going to happen? We'd love to be there, whether by boat or by car.

BobJ
06-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Hi Rob (and other bug-lighters),

I cleared it with Alan Weaver (harbormeister) to have a gathering under the trees near Gate 9 at Marina Village. (The actual address is 1030 Marina Village Parkway, Alameda.)

Next Saturday (7/05), around 1630.

All are welcome. I envision standing around and ratchet-jawing about each other's PCR ratings, what constitutes outside assistance, how long it took to longboard Haulback's bottom, that sort of thing. Please bring something to share - a bag of chips, a few bottles of your favorite brew or a bottle of wine (w/cups), wild hickory nuts, whatever. If you don't have time to pick something up, there's a Safeway (or equivalent) right across the road on your way in.

There are no BBQ's there and I wasn't thinking of making a meal out of it anyway.

Watch out for the geese - they own the lawn. (Anyone remember that Beach Boys song, "Little Goose Poop"?)

AlanH
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Hi Rob (and other bug-lighters),

I cleared it with Alan Weaver (harbormeister) to have a gathering under the trees near Gate 9 at Marina Village. (The actual address is 1030 Marina Village Parkway, Alameda.)

Next Saturday (7/05), around 1630.

All are welcome. I envision standing around and ratchet-jawing about each other's PCR ratings, what constitutes outside assistance, how long it took to longboard Haulback's bottom, that sort of thing. Please bring something to share - a bag of chips, a few bottles of your favorite brew or a bottle of wine (w/cups), wild hickory nuts, whatever. If you don't have time to pick something up, there's a Safeway (or equivalent) right across the road on your way in.

There are no BBQ's there and I wasn't thinking of making a meal out of it anyway.

Watch out for the geese - they own the lawn. (Anyone remember that Beach Boys song, "Little Goose Poop"?)

Might try to sail in for that. I've been working on the boat too much, and not sailing enough.