PDA

View Full Version : Drakes Bay SI's

Lightspeed
08-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Drakes Bay Racers - I received these SI's today and will work to get them in Jibeset and get the race open. In the meantime here is an advanced copy of the SI's for your midnight reading....Rick

Critter
08-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Rick, I plan to race Drakes Bay singlehanded so that I can be scored in SSS, but I also want to be scored in OYRA PHRO2 (full crew) where I've been racing all season.
Any thoughts on how you'll deal with weirdos like me? For instance, will I be scored on my elapsed time, or do I need to start with the second class I'm racing in so as not to be over early in my other class?
This is not going to be a problem, is it? :)

Lightspeed
08-11-2016, 05:54 PM
Max, I know Dan Benjamin raced in both SSS & YRA last year and it is my understanding you can enter in both again this year. The issue last year was Dan's divisions had different start times. Last years RC adjusted one of his starts by 5 min which drew some confusion chatter on the forum after the race scoring. I will check with Andy At YRA.

BobJ
08-11-2016, 06:18 PM
Hi Rick. Three or four of us may have a similar issue since we're racing both series singlehanded.

Lightspeed
08-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Bob, I just opened the race. My view is everyone races!! SSS or YRA or Both....Somehow we will find a way but everyone races!! Sign up for both and we will find a way....Rick

BobJ
08-11-2016, 09:14 PM
Okay, I'm signed up for both, singlehanded. The first warning for both SSS and OYRA is 0940. In OYRA I'll be in the fourth start. In SSS I'll be in the fifth start if nothing is changed (based on the SHF SSI's). In OYRA Max would be in the second start. In SSS he'll be in the fourth start.

I'm sure you'll work it out but this is the issue.

Critter
08-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Like he said. Thanks Bob!
Rick, I'm sure you'll work it out. I just want to be sure that you and Andy are aware of all the odd permutations that are going to arise.

BobJ
08-12-2016, 11:28 AM
Last year OYRA adjusted the finish times in their results for the four boats who raced in both groups:

https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=YRA_T008798369&DOC=r6&TYP=html

I'd be fine with that, so I could start with my normal SSS division. Not to be selfish or anything.

Daydreamer
08-25-2016, 09:56 PM
So far there's Ragtime! and Nightmare in the OYRA singlehand division F.

I don't see a fleet assignment for SSS yet. Any ideas? I'm sportboat with SSS which starts last.

Just wondering.

solosailor
08-26-2016, 07:17 AM
That is very strange...... no start sequence in the SIs?????

BobJ
08-26-2016, 08:13 AM
OYRA's entry cutoff was yesterday at 1700 and they wanted to see how many boats would enter before doing the starting groups.

They said it would be posted today so watch Jibeset. (All discussed at the skippers' meeting Wednesday.)

solosailor
08-26-2016, 08:16 AM
FYI, the OYRAs list is up..... but no SSS divisions listed.

solosailor
08-26-2016, 08:20 AM
Anyone going over to CYC tonight..... I might as there is a flood in the morning for the long commute from the estuary.

BobJ
08-26-2016, 08:21 AM
Those are fleet assignments. My understanding is the starting sequence will be published today. Generally the SSS starts will be like normal but with the OYRA shorthanders added in (and their times adjusted later if necessary). The OYRA fully-crewed boats will start first. Stay tuned.

solosailor
08-26-2016, 08:28 AM
Copy that, thanks Bob.

Lightspeed
08-26-2016, 12:59 PM
SSS Fleet assignments are now posted on Jibeset. We are working to blend OYRA fleets with SSS fleets for the start flags and groups...Stay tuned....Rick

Critter
08-26-2016, 03:20 PM
Rick, I see there are several Express 27s sprinkled in with PHRF 111-150. That's not right! They have been Sportboats for years according to the formula DLR < 112.

Lightspeed
08-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Yep, those E27 snuck by me again....I have updated the fleets and did move the one non-spin in K to J. We have the starts 99% I will post soon

Lightspeed
08-26-2016, 04:52 PM
Here you go Racers...Please note the first page shows SEVEN racers in BOTH OYRA and SSS races, Nancy, Raven, Ragtime, Iniscaw, Nightmare, Oscar & Fugu...All of you are to start with the SSS starts NOT the OYRA starts.... http://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T009690831&DOC=nt&TYP=pdf

I posted this in Jibeset under NOTICES....I can field and questions here and will email blast all racers

Philpott
08-26-2016, 06:48 PM
Here you go Racers...Please note the first page shows SEVEN racers in BOTH OYRA and SSS races, Nancy, Raven, Ragtime, Iniscaw, Nightmare, Oscar & Fugu...All of you are to start with the SSS starts NOT the OYRA starts.... http://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T009690831&DOC=nt&TYP=pdf

I posted this in Jibeset under NOTICES....I can field and questions here and will email blast all racers

Five minute start increments tomorrow? ps I have six individually wrapped Hostess Snow Balls aboard.

BobJ
08-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Thanks for sorting all that out Rick (and Andy @ OYRA).

Regarding the Snow Balls, will you be throwing them at people or eating them yourself, one-by-one?

Daydreamer
08-26-2016, 08:32 PM
Thank you Rick and Andy. I'm sure it must be..um...fun getting this all sorted! :)

I have chicken to bbq, about a dozen strips, enough to share, and red beans n rice. Yum!

Lightspeed
08-26-2016, 08:53 PM
Yes thank you Andy and Laura at YRA for taking the lead on this race. This is a great race collaboration connecting OYRA and SSS. The best way to explain the process is OYRA is #1 in apples and SSS is #1 in oranges. As a short handed orange guy, I think we all benefit by making a #1 fruit salad.....