PDA

View Full Version : Drakes Bay Results

Lightspeed
08-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Racers.....YRA has posted the results on their OYRA Jibeset page. Here is a copy of Sat & Sun if you have not all ready see them. I am work to post the results our SSS Jibeset page. I have also started working on the Half Moon Bay SI's and should have them out by the end of the week...Rick

todd22123
08-30-2016, 08:51 PM
Do you have the SSS results? I think the links only include the OYRA entries.

solosailor
08-31-2016, 07:01 AM
OYRA results?

Lightspeed
08-31-2016, 12:25 PM
OK, I have posted the results of SSS for Sundays race. The problem has been OYRA posted only OYRA boats and SSS boats that were racing jointly and I have not had access to the finish time of the SSS boats that did not race jointly. Today I did receive the finish times for SSS racers in Sundays race but I still need the finish times for SSS racers on Sat...Once the finish times hard copy is found and I get a copy I will finish posting the results for Sat...

Philpott
08-31-2016, 01:58 PM
OK, I have posted the results of SSS for Sundays race. The problem has been OYRA posted only OYRA boats and SSS boats that were racing jointly and I have not had access to the finish time of the SSS boats that did not race jointly. Today I did receive the finish times for SSS racers in Sundays race but I still need the finish times for SSS racers on Sat...Once the finish times hard copy is found and I get a copy I will finish posting the results for Sat...

Maybe it would be easier for us to just have our own race to Drakes Bay? Start somewhere in the Bay, first boat to arrive becomes the Race Committee? Maybe on a different day than OYRA has its own Drakes Bay? While I am respectful of the fact that some of our members are chasing OYRA points, the SSS has had a Drakes Bay race since 1978. Granted, it has been sleeping since then, but still.

Henry D
08-31-2016, 02:50 PM
" first boat to arrive becomes the Race Committee"
Jackie, when I sailed down in LA, most of the PSSA races were run without a committee boat.
We used a rabbit boat to start and recorded our finished time - it worked well.
Also, since the fleet was small (5 -20 boats) the start time was same for everybody, it made for closer racing (at least first 10 minutes:-)

Lightspeed
08-31-2016, 03:31 PM
OK one more wrinkle. Max informs me start time at Drakes Bay may be off...Back to the drawing board...

BobJ
08-31-2016, 03:42 PM
My recollection is a 20-minute postponement on Sunday for all starts.

Um...what if they don't find Saturday's results?

Lightspeed
08-31-2016, 04:20 PM
We found Sat! Someone took a picture and sent Laura a copy yea ha!..So I will get posted and per Max move Sunday's start times back by 5 min....

Lightspeed
08-31-2016, 05:16 PM
Finally, prelim results are posted...Sat https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T009690831&DOC=r1&TYP=html Sun https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T009690831&DOC=r2&TYP=html Now let me know of any errors...

Wylieguy
09-01-2016, 06:18 PM
Thanks for sorting things out. I know that sorting out the results with mixed fleets can be a pain in the transom, but I think it's worth the effort and I thank you for doing it. It's certainly less painful than trying to run an independent race. I think running the OYRA & SSS Drakes Bay together was a brilliant decision a few races ago when it became a reality. There have been some conflicts, but I think they've been worked out as they've arisen and. So far as I know, no one's ego has been bruised.

I am not a fan of jackrabbit starts or "taking my own time" finishes if they can be avoided in any way. I know sometimes it is necessary for the HMB race, but if having a race committee on scene is possible it's the way to go.

Lightspeed
09-01-2016, 06:27 PM
Racers, now that we have both days entered and I corrected a fat finger DNF typo (sorry Swift Ness) I have posted both day results combined on Jibeset https://www.jibeset.net/show.php?RR=JACKY_T009690831&DOC=fh&TYP=html The next issue is can our trophy people get them turned around in time for the Sept 7th trophy meeting? Can I please get some feed back on these two questions?
1. IF we CAN get trophy's in time do you still want the Sept 7th awards meeting?
2. If we CAN NOT get trophy's in time do you want to cancel that awards meeting and combine with Half Moon Bay Skippers on Sept 21 with Drakes Bay Awards?

Wylieguy
09-01-2016, 06:55 PM
I think if there's going to be a time crunch - and it looks like there will be - that postponing the Drakes Bay Awards to the HMB Skippers Meeting make all the sense in the world. I vote for just doing it. Again, thanks for worrying the results thru. Pat

Philpott
09-01-2016, 07:08 PM
I am not a fan of jackrabbit starts or "taking my own time" finishes if they can be avoided in any way. I know sometimes it is necessary for the HMB race, but if having a race committee on scene is possible it's the way to go.

Since DM and I have never finished a Drakes Bay race, I withdraw my opinion. Points taken.

However, surely there don't need to be two separate race committees on site at the finish in order for the results to be made available to whichever committee is not there at the end? What's up with that? If results can't even be shared, what is the point of sharing the race?

Jonathan Gutoff
09-01-2016, 08:20 PM
The Stink Eye crew votes for a combined Drakes/HMB meeting on the 21st.

Daydreamer
09-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Thanks for all your work on this Rick!!

I think results came together better this year than last.

I am also good with a combined HMB skipper/ Drakes awards 9/21

Critter
09-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Hebso-luto-lay! Combine the meetings. Good idea, thanks Rick.

FUGU-W30
09-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Fugu raises a fin in favor of combining the HMB Skipper and DB awards on 9/21!

Henry D
09-02-2016, 10:14 AM
and Grace will go with the flow

BobJ
09-02-2016, 10:48 AM
Who says singlehanders can't agree on anything!

I'll bring dead flies for the Martinis - I have lots of 'em.

Lightspeed
09-02-2016, 02:39 PM
OK, it is a deal we will combine. I will finish up the Half Moon Bay Si's and eblast everyone for that race signup and all drakes Bay Racers and have David tweek the dates on the website....R

Philpott
09-02-2016, 04:13 PM
And I have ANOTHER opinion about yet another thing:

Before it got dark in Drakes Bay I counted up the boats at anchor. Once it got real dark I counted up the boats with masthead lights. Fewer than half showed lights. One small boat left its running lights on, which is better than nothing, but my point is that boats coming into the Bay after dark (slower boats, big fat heavy boats lumbering along, like Dura Mater) would find it difficult to avoid such unmarked boats, especially on cloudy nights or just dark nights when there is no moon. Just saying.