PDA

View Full Version : HELP! NASA AIS manual?

AlanH
07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
It's not available for download off the NASA website and I can't find it elsewhere online. I'm borrowing George MacKay's NASA unit, and for those of you who don't know, George and Gwen lost their home in the Traibing fire, two weekends ago in Watsonville. Of course the manual is gone as well.

I don't suppose the manual came in electronic form on a CD or something, and someone could e-mail it to me?

Alan

PS: George and Gwen are doing pretty well, all things considered. They got the dogs and cat and Gwens old horse out, and saved the trailer that is the basis for their veterinary practice and the computers with all their patient and tax information. They saved George's bagpipes, and George might come up and "pipe us out" on the 12th. The house is gone, along with most of their clothes, "toys" like whitewater rafting gear and excess boat widgets, and things like that. They are staying at a friends house in Watsonville....the friends have moved to the East Coast and George and Gwen have a big place to themselves, with 5 acres in the back for the dogs and pony to romp in.

George and Gwen got a helluva scare, they only had 14 minutes from the call that told them "get out" to when George looked up the hill to see the fire coming down the ridge at about 20 mph.

Alchera
07-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Well, it's not the easiest reading format, but have you tried:

http://www.medex.org.uk/AIS%20instructions.pdf

- Mark

AlanH
07-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Well, it's not the easiest reading format, but have you tried:

http://www.medex.org.uk/AIS%20instructions.pdf

- Mark

Thanks, Mark!

John Hayward
07-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Hi Alan,

I just emailed you the latest NASA AISRadar manual. It is marketed in this country by Si-Tex, but it's the same thing. Depending on how new your unit is, it may not have the A B switching, but that's totally not necessary.

John
Dream Chaser

AlanH
07-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Alan,

I just emailed you the latest NASA AISRadar manual. It is marketed in this country by Si-Tex, but it's the same thing. Depending on how new your unit is, it may not have the A B switching, but that's totally not necessary.

John
Dream Chaser

Thanks, John!