PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Membership & TBF Open

Lightspeed
12-23-2016, 01:35 PM
Racers, let the 2017 season begin! The TBF Race is now open in Jibeset... But wait there is more!! As a Holiday special you can also sign up and become a 2017 SSS Member and race in all SSS 2017 races (except LongPac) for a $145 value...Don't wait sign up now!!! Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all.......Santa

jamottep
12-23-2016, 05:14 PM
Hey Santa ... Isn't that your regular pricing? You mentioned a holiday special?

SSS Membership – $145
Apart from the fact that SSS members are really cool, you should become a member if you think you may do three or more of our races this year. Members get to enter the races (except the LongPac or TransPac) for free, so after your third race you’re saving money by being a member. And you avoid the repetitive payments.

BobJ
12-23-2016, 05:23 PM
Santa's also the Race Chair and it isn't Christmas yet - I'm not gonna mess with him!

Philpott
12-23-2016, 05:42 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all.......Santa

Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa, where is Lightspeed?

jamottep
12-23-2016, 05:58 PM
I tried to register for the SSS only but could only register for the TBF race, including the SSS membership. As you may know I don't have a boat. I put dummy data (aka Olson 30) in there. I don't think I'll be ready for the TBF race. Is that going to be a problem? Or just result in a DNS?

BobJ
12-23-2016, 06:07 PM
There's a separate "regatta" page for SSS Membership only, but it's not open yet to accept registrations. I'd register there when it's available and delete your Three Bridge registration to avoid confusion.

2017 SSS Membership (only) (https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T039266395)

Lightspeed
12-23-2016, 07:25 PM
I tried to register for the SSS only but could only register for the TBF race, including the SSS membership. As you may know I don't have a boat. I put dummy data (aka Olson 30) in there. I don't think I'll be ready for the TBF race. Is that going to be a problem? Or just result in a DNS?

So this is a very good point....Santa originally opened both the race and membership and was reminded by Elf on the Shelf at Jibeset that this has caused confusion in past years as racers sign up for the race and then also sign up for a membership thus creating a double membership charge and a Grinch nightmare...SO, Santa has removed the membership link only, and will not activate it again until after the TFB race to help reduce the confusion......Thank you, Rudolf .....(Santa is busy downloading the latest GPS coordinates & a Yellow Brick tracker into his SOLO sleigh)