PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo 1-2 Open

Lightspeed
09-22-2017, 06:07 PM
I am opening Vallejo 1-2 a little early because I need to shift to some other issues. We will get the dinner link up when we have a menu and costs. The final awards will be on 11/8 but I need to confirm the location so will link that later.....Last race to book you season points!...RC

AlanH
10-05-2017, 01:44 PM
I hate to do this to you, I really hate to, but can I change my entry from singlehanded to doublehanded, 48 hours before the start? I may not have an autopilot in time to do spinnaker sets and jibes on the way. I HOPE I will, but time is running out.

Wylieguy
10-05-2017, 04:43 PM
Alan, The Vallejo 1 - 2 is a Singlehanded Race TO Vallejo and a Doublehanded Race BACK. So, Saturday is singlehanded, no matter how one signs up. Sunday is doublehanded, but may be sailed either single or doublehanded. The SIs (Rule #3) makes this clear. The signup is rather confusing, but everyone will sail solo on Saturday.
I can tell you a rather amusing story of how one skipper took his Sunday crew - his wife - along Saturday and made her stay below the whole time so no one would notice. Since it was a large Swan I suppose she was comfortable. They joined Bruce and myself for dinner and the cat came out of the bag or rather the wife came out of the cabin! It was not the only time this skipper bent a few SSS rules.

tboussie
10-05-2017, 07:46 PM
I am a bit confused. The calendar on the SSS website and the SI on Jibeset have the Vallejo race on Oct. 21-22, not this weekend. Am I missing something?

BobJ
10-06-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm going when you are Tom. Maybe we'll have the club to ourselves?

Philpott
10-06-2017, 08:02 AM
I'm going when you are Tom. Maybe we'll have the club to ourselves?

I'm going when Alan goes so I can see him sailing in his kilt. Please tell me you are sailing in your kilt, Alan?

AlanH
10-06-2017, 02:40 PM
I'm so confused. Singlehanded to Vallejo and then Doublehanded back has always been how this race runs, so why are some boats registered in a singlehanded division, and some in doublehanded? Personally, I've always gone solo both directions. Anyway, the point is moot as hopefully the autopilot will arrive on my porch this afternoon.

Jackie, for you, bonnie lass....for you....

Need any work done at the masthead?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-4Llb56Y4

AlanH
10-06-2017, 02:59 PM
Actually, the real reason I wear a kilt while sailing is that it's unrated downwind sail area.

brianb
10-08-2017, 09:06 AM
Did you find an autopilot ?

Lightspeed
10-10-2017, 08:22 PM
I am back from vacation and checking in. So regarding the Vallejo 1-2 several issues.
1. I will checkin with Vallejo Galley and get the options and pay link posted.
2. Lightspeed is in escrow so we need a Committee Boat (PM me if you have any ideas)
3. We only have 3 Express 27's and no Multi's registered. Is their another race that weekend or our you guys just waiting to check the weather? Do I need to adjust the starts?
4. Can always use some Race Deck help. If your racing back Sunday and need a ride to Vallejo, work the RC Sat start and I will give you a ride to Vallejo.
5. Working on posting season points before the race so you can calculate your fight to the finish!
6. This is the last race of the season!

AlanH
10-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Did you find an autopilot ?

i DID! It's all shiny and new! I hope I didn't reverse the wiring.