PDA

View Full Version : The crate

jamottep
04-09-2018, 04:04 PM
This may be a little early but it'd be nice to know who will put what in there ... Here's the thread for the last edition:

http://sfbaysss.org/forum/showthread.php?1446-The-Crate(s)

jamottep
04-20-2018, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking:
Lifting eye
Maybe some sails if I sell the boat
Outboard and gas can
Maybe a different anchor and spare rode
Set of clothes for return trip

If I sell the boat I'll have a few things I'll be bringing back too.

AZ Sailor
05-20-2018, 11:49 AM
I'm hoping someone takes charge of this soon. I'd like to ship my 35# CQR anchor and a 2HP Honda outboard. After getting Morning Star up the coast, I'll spend a few days in Alameda in early June. If there is some place to put these items by then, or someone willing to take custody of them for delivery to the crate, that would be great.

DaveH
05-20-2018, 12:13 PM
I'll be making the crate in the next couple of weeks.
As before, it will be approximately 37"w, 60"L, 42" T.
the cost for the crate and the shipping will be shared by those who are using it.
I know of 4 people, counting the three here, who are in for a share.
An experienced estimate says that the cost will be about $200 apiece; maybe less, unlikely to be more.

I will hold the crate at my shop in Alameda, and we can accumulate stuff there, up until it needs to ship.
I will confirm with the freight forwarder tomorrow, but I would guess that the cutoff date will be about 6/15.

@Lee; regardless of where we are with the fabrication of the box, I can set aside space for you to deposit your stuff when you are here.

More details tomorrow.

DH

JohnS
05-21-2018, 07:08 AM
I might have an interest in adding a few items. Possibly an outboard (although it is damn hard to use with the e-rudder mounts in place). Larry on Kauai suggested locking the lifting eye to the trailer and I was planning on doing that hoping that. Not sure what else just yet. Dave, thanks for hosting this at your shop.

jamottep
06-10-2018, 07:21 PM
Hola!
How's the crate coming along? If it's till ok I'd like to put a few items in there. When's the latest to stop by (where?) so I can get organized please?

DaveH
06-11-2018, 11:31 PM
Crate is done and filling up.

Drop your stuff by my shop before next Wednesday.
it's on the old Naval Air Station on the end of the island.
950 West Tower Ave, Alameda CA.

email or PM me to confirm I'll be around and set a date & time.

DH