PDA

View Full Version : question RE SHTP website

mike cunningham
05-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Is it possible to set something up whereby an email can be sent to the website from the boat for the purposes of status reports, miscellaneous ruminations, pictures (really really small ones) and so forth during the race? This would be like an inbox which was publicly accessible so interested parties could view inputs from the various boats in the race pretty much as and when they come in.

I probably did not get the memo prior to the last race and didn't know where to send my reports. So if the above isn't possible could we publish an e-mail for someone who would be kind enough to act as middle person for posting our stuff?

AZ Sailor
05-01-2018, 02:47 PM
It's looking like they're gearing up for that. I just checked the link to the 2018 SHTP page today, and see for the first time it is nearing completion. Nice work, folks!

Gamayun
05-09-2018, 02:18 PM
Mike, this was recently discussed by the Board. David Nabors (our former webmaster and secretary) has agreed to help stand up the website because the SSS's current webmaster and secretary (umm, that would be me) is too busy prepping for the race. The plan is that when pics and text from the racers come in, they will get posted to the website with no fuss other than having personal email addresses or other personal info scrubbed out first.

pogen
05-09-2018, 02:41 PM
If you are a racer and want to make a field report (awesome!) or are friend/family and want to relay news, please send to the SHTP news team at

racereporting@sfbaysss.org

More detailed instructions are here:

http://sfbaysss.org/shtp2018/contact/

Submitted reports will be human checked for formatting and posted to the site under the Racer News category, hopefully within a few hours of submission when the race is running.

This service is live as of yesterday, so if you would like to see something on the site, perhaps some news of your prep, qualifier, plans, etc. please feel free to submit that content today.

Mahalo

mike cunningham
05-09-2018, 03:09 PM
If you are a racer and want to make a field report (awesome!) or are friend/family and want to relay news, please send to the SHTP news team at

racereporting@sfbaysss.org

More detailed instructions are here:

http://sfbaysss.org/shtp2018/contact/

Submitted reports will be human checked for formatting and posted to the site under the Racer News category, hopefully within a few hours of submission when the race is running.

This service is live as of yesterday, so if you would like to see something on the site, perhaps some news of your prep, qualifier, plans, etc. please feel free to submit that content today.

Mahalo

This is awesome. Thanks very much David and Carliane