PDA

View Full Version : Overnighter in Brickyard Cove tonight (6/18)

Gamayun
06-18-2018, 05:16 PM
If anyone is around, come join me for a beer or a quick dinner!

Carliane
s/v Kynntana

The Smokester
06-18-2018, 09:14 PM
I'd be there but am on a provisioning run. How is you have such spare time?

Philpott
06-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Pajama party!!!!

Gamayun
06-19-2018, 06:50 AM
Well, as it turned out, I used up all the free time and then some figuring out the comms sitaution. After spending the day getting all the B&G displays to talk nicely to each other again because depth and AP data were not working, I now know for certain that the SSB is the instigator. It particularly wipes out the AP data when I transmit on AirMail. ARGH!!

Philpott
06-19-2018, 06:59 AM
Was there popcorn? Here in Stockton the big news is that they sell those Mexican ice cream bars at Ladd’s Boatyard across the way. That’s provisioning Dura Mater style. You ocean crossers? Serious stuff!

The Smokester
06-19-2018, 07:32 AM
This is not unusual. Do your lights flicker, too? But the Monitor windvane just keeps on keepin' on.

Daydreamer
06-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Well, as it turned out, I used up all the free time and then some figuring out the comms sitaution. After spending the day getting all the B&G displays to talk nicely to each other again because depth and AP data were not working, I now know for certain that the SSB is the instigator. It particularly wipes out the AP data when I transmit on AirMail. ARGH!!

Maybe double check where the SSB power is attached. I hear they draw a lot of power.
It may be drawing down the voltage at the panel causing other devices to shut down. Most instruments shut off below 11 volts.
I would make the power connection at the battery or at least to the heavy cable from the battery to the panel.
Also make sure battery voltage isn't dropping below 11v when the SSB is keyed up.

Gamayun
06-20-2018, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, particularly Mexican ice cream bars! I've been chatting some folks up, and worst case I turn off all electronics before transmitting. Actually, worst case is forgetting to turn off all electronics and then spending an hour pressing random buttons. No flickering lights though. So there is that...