PDA

View Full Version : Pre-start scrub

JohnS
06-19-2018, 09:48 PM
I have a vague recollection of seeing something in the not too distant past about a diver being available for a prestart scrub. But can't seem to locate anything in this area here or in the emails from the RC over the past months. Am I hallucinating already? I tried calling FastBottoms last week but no reply to my messages. I may just have to sail dirty (the boat's been in the water for 10 days now). If anybody has any info in this area I'm all ears.

JohnS

pogen
06-19-2018, 10:49 PM
I'm trying to remember. I don't think it was Fastbottoms who did the last minute work at the Corinthian YC, as he is based in Alameda, and usually works from a Zodiac. But he is a good person to talk to , for a reference if he can't do it myself. He did my boat for 7 years and always did a great job.

Dazzler
06-19-2018, 11:04 PM
Try calling DAVE’S DIVING SERVICE (415) 331-3612
Dave Gissendaner is out of Sausalito and has divers he works with that may be available on relatively short notice.

Best to all!

JohnS
06-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Thanks Dazzler. I'll give Dave's a call.

everydaysailor
06-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Not sure if Lowell does North bay but he's a racer and a good diver.

mike cunningham
06-22-2018, 04:51 AM
Can't help with a diver recommendation. I had to do my own in very murky water. I was using a brush and a small sucker thing to help me hold myself in position. At some point I lost track of the sucker thing. I think (hope) it fell off when i came up for air. If someone happens ro see a small red thingamabob hanging off my hull on the way out the gate, please send me a text. Do not take any pictures or send any snarky emojis, I feel dumb enough as it is.