PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo 1-2

timotimo
09-26-2008, 07:39 AM
It's been a few years since I've been to Vallejo, but if I remember correctly, the raft-up at Vallejo YC is hella-fun, although the water is a bit shallow for my 7ft draft.

Was it the case that some people docked at a nearby marina instead? If so, which one? And did you pre-arrange it or just hail the harbormaster when you arrived?

Alchera
09-28-2008, 08:36 AM
The Vallejo marina right next door is available for us to use. Any open berth on the K dock, which is the southernmost dock. Fee is $20 for the night.
http://www.ci.vallejo.ca.us/uploads/218/1304.pdf

- Mark

jfoster
10-20-2008, 07:30 PM
My email to Bob J explains my need.

Hi there Bob:

With a scheduling conflict between the skipper's meeting and a class I am taking, I failed to attend. I also failed to remember to have someone like Fred Minning pick up my shirt....sigh....

Oh well, is it reasonable to have me pick up a medium shirt from you, or should I just relax and wait for the Three Bridge Fiasco skipper's meeting?

John Foster (of the not so mighty Blueberry when sailing against "better than beer can" skippers in YRA and SSS....(grin)....)

Bob's reply:

Grant, John, and FYI to Thom,

Since this was the last SSS meeting of the year, I cleaned out my garage and encouraged everyone at the meeting to take any remaining shirts. So I'm sorry that there are none left.

You could post a note on the SSS board to see if anyone picked up an extra shirt that they don't really need.

Bob J.