PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Plans

BobJ
11-23-2008, 08:17 PM
Sheesh - you could throw a winch handle through here and not hit anybody!

What's everyone up to?

Anybody (besides us) doing Midwinters?

What are your sailing/racing plans for next season?

I haven't done the OYRA series since 2002 and never on Ragtime!. Since the powers-that-be tried hard to keep OYRA's schedule from conflicting with SSS, I'm thinking of doing that series again, maybe DH.

Anyone else?

Ergo
11-24-2008, 08:03 AM
2009 plans for Ergo include the Corinthian mids, all the SSS races, including the LongPac, and possibly OYRA - all DH. I'm taking a hard look at the 2010 PacCup DH so I want to use this year to get the boat squared away and develop crew.

Bill Merrick

AlanH
11-24-2008, 10:52 AM
I'm doing IYC midwinters aboard some dark blue boat that runs aground.:D

Will probably doublehand the SSS season and maybe some OYRA races with George McKay on "Velocious". Also looking for a ride for the Vallejo race in May, since it's been three years since I've done it and I miss the Party.

BobJ
11-24-2008, 11:26 AM
I meant to do that - just protecting my rating for next season.

(Who runs aground in the ESTUARY!!!!!?)

AlanH
11-24-2008, 07:19 PM
hey, there are only two places to run aground in the estuary.

OK, well...

THREE places, then. *ahem* Hey, *I* was driving.:o

Jonathan Gutoff
11-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Stink Eye is planning on double handed in the SSS, some OYRA and possibly the YRA Party Circuit if there are enough interesting boats in our division. (Remember the YRA has a double handed division now) That's if I can get her out of the yard, off the dirt and back in the water soon.

Travieso
11-25-2008, 03:05 PM
I'll be taking my new ride (JS9000) out next season. Travieso will be taking a well deserved rest unless a new owner takes it before then. Probably just for the SSS bay races. Haven't decide yet on single or doublehanded. Will likely do the YRA party circuit, as well as Benicia.

Will probably crew on the ocean races...

Wylieguy
11-26-2008, 12:00 AM
First, thanks to Max and the other SSS folks for working with YRA/OYRA to make 2009 a "non-conflict year!" I think it's about time and I hope the SSS and YRA officers can make it happen forever! Yes, there is a short-handed Party Circuit Division and we'd like to see many more SSS folks come out and play.
I'm also thinking hard about OYRA (perhaps doublehanded).

jfoster
11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I meant to do that - just protecting my rating for next season.

(Who runs aground in the ESTUARY!!!!!?)

Blueberry (Nonsuch 22 sail #48) plans to to keep using her Interphase-tech Forward looking sonar (http://www.interphase-tech.com/iScan180.htm) this year.......(grin).....

Critter
11-28-2008, 01:32 PM
Solar Wind is doing the South Beach winter series.

Next year I'm hoping to do most of the SSS races, which means I'm hijacking this thread to beat the drum for volunteers to be PRO for those events. I have a few names already; either you've said you'll do a race or two, or I think I can twist your arm into it. But we still need a couple more.

PRO doesn't mean professional! It stands for Principal Race Officer. It's not that hard. Before I took the job as race chair, I had just helped Synthia out a couple of times on the race deck. If you can keep an eye on the clock and pay reasonable attention to detail, you can do it. I'll provide you with all the paperwork etc.

Alan, thanks for considering taking on the LongPac.

Max