PDA

View Full Version : HI to SD delivery

AZ Sailor
01-24-2020, 07:49 PM
Arctic Ace, a 1977 factory-finished Westsail 43 lying Ke’ehi Harbor, O’ahu, needs to get to San Diego this spring.

The owner is the first and only owner and has sailed her double-handed over 50,000 nm around the Pacific, but now has age/health challenges that have him looking for someone else to get the boat to SD. He is a friend of a friend and I have been in conversation with him for several months about doing the delivery myself with a second person as crew. Recently, however, matters beyond my control have developed that preclude me from doing so this spring. I would be available later this summer, but he doesn’t want to wait for hurricane season.

Owner will pay air fare and expenses for two from CA to HI, but is looking for volunteer or very low cost skipper and crew. At the rates he has been quoted for professional skippers he would just as soon ship the boat.

I haven’t met the guy in person, but I have talked with him at length about the details. I would do this if I could, and wish the timing worked for me. PM me here or contact me by any other means that you may have used before.

Jim Harrison
04-21-2020, 05:49 AM
Hey Lee,

I am interested in crewing this summer if Arctic Ace still needs moving.

Jim Harrison
SV Resolve
Bodega Bay
(916) 591-9615

Arctic Ace, a 1977 factory-finished Westsail 43 lying Ke’ehi Harbor, O’ahu, needs to get to San Diego this spring.

The owner is the first and only owner and has sailed her double-handed over 50,000 nm around the Pacific, but now has age/health challenges that have him looking for someone else to get the boat to SD. He is a friend of a friend and I have been in conversation with him for several months about doing the delivery myself with a second person as crew. Recently, however, matters beyond my control have developed that preclude me from doing so this spring. I would be available later this summer, but he doesn’t want to wait for hurricane season.

Owner will pay air fare and expenses for two from CA to HI, but is looking for volunteer or very low cost skipper and crew. At the rates he has been quoted for professional skippers he would just as soon ship the boat.

I haven’t met the guy in person, but I have talked with him at length about the details. I would do this if I could, and wish the timing worked for me. PM me here or contact me by any other means that you may have used before.