PDA

View Full Version : Wishing all a prosperous and joyous new year.

dogbark
12-22-2008, 08:09 PM
Happy Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Festivus and all that.

Wishing all you SHTPers, past and future, fair winds , following seas, laughter, good health and optimism.

Al

BobJ
12-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Al.

The SHTP was once again the experience of a lifetime (even the second time!). I realize I'm not the most outgoing person in the world, but please know that I value the relationships that were started or deepened this year.

A very Merry Christmas to all my buds in the SSS and elsewhere.

seabird51
12-22-2008, 09:48 PM
As I sit in the Fresno fog thinking of my great memories with the SH TP group, I would like to ditto Al's seasonal greeting with just one addition. Thanks for all I have learned from you, collectively and individually.
Meanwhile I'll just plan for 2010.
Best wishes
Lou
Seabird

Eyrie
12-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Too all my sailing pals,

Hippy Hula Daze
Think Whirled Peas :D

Synthia

AlanH
12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I"ve pulled out my photo album and thought of you all this Fall.

Have a great holiday, and remember...summer is just 'round the bend!

sleddog
12-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Holiday Best Wishes to All SHTP'ers and supporters from Capitola-By-The-Sea.
~sleddog

haulback
12-23-2008, 05:42 PM
All the best of the season to my many friends, competitors and associated hangers-on that I have been fortunate enough to come to know through my exposure to the SSS and the Singlehanded Transpac race.

I hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas and New Year.

Jim/Haulback

blighbaum
12-23-2008, 09:55 PM
I'd also like to wish everybody the best for the season and the new year . . . and to say a heartfelt thank you for getting me off my duff for a great adventure after having thought about it lazily since childhood. People say, "just do it," but I would have never done it -- let alone done it with proper preparation -- without the SSS. I still have the glow. And if my family and I happen to be together at 5pm, we look at each other and say, "We're missing tree time!"

- Tom Kirschbaum, Feral

Eric Thomas
12-24-2008, 06:58 AM
Best wishes to all the solo sailors out there on the coasts and any who are out at sea. Polar Bear is nested in a den of 5 feet of fresh snow along the shores of Gitchie Gummie. If anyone needs snow removal tips be sure to call.

Eric

Sparky
12-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Happy Holidays! Wishing all of you a warm holiday season filled with good spirits and good cheer. I am so grateful to spend this time with my new family, and can't help think of all of you and the impact you've had in our lives this year. Thank you for your friendship, support, and special camaraderie.

Alchera
12-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Best wishes from Alchera and crew. Time to go back through all the old TP pictures and think back on the good times with the greatest group of skippers in the world. I've been keeping myself busy in the off season with my music, check out www.soundclick.com/midnightclosetproject if you are interested.
- Mark

PS - Haulback roped me in once again with that dogsled comment, I totally thought it possible!

nereida
01-17-2009, 11:14 AM
:)A Very, Very Happy, Healthy, Harmonious, New Year to all of you!!:)

I've also been looking over my photos from time to time .... always with happy, warm, 'fuzzy' (!) feelings, remembering all the friendship and support I've had from you all. Thank you for that ... It's been a real pleasure knowing you all .... I'm looking forward to 2010 and found myself wondering about getting the new hull number (82) placed on the new 'Nereida' in readiness .... My only problem might, yet again, be one of timing, distance and route to start line...!! But we can all dream...!

I posted photos of the new bare hull on my website in December's 'blog' and fresh ones of progress up to now are being posted this weekend - she's keeping me busy in all kinds of ways!

Wishing all of you plenty of happy dreaming ;) and good sailing in 2009,

Jeanne :)

"Nereida"

www.svnereida.com (http://www.svnereida.com)

BobJ
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I know this is supposed to be the "Archive" but I had to post a photo of the new "Nereida," now in the water and nearly ready to go cruising. I liked this photo (from Jeanne's website) because it shows off the lines so well. What a beauty!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q304/BobsailsSF/Misc%20Ragtime/NewNereida.jpg
And sure enough - number 82 is on the bow - ready for SHTP2010!

nereida
06-09-2009, 04:09 AM
Hi Bob
Thanks for posting picture of my new "Nereida". Maybe I'm biased - but I have to agree she looks lovely!
I'm presently quietly panicking & losing out on sleep, trying to make sure all important boat jobs are completed before leaving UK this Sunday (14th June) - for foreseeable future....
Plan is solo over to Guernsey from here on the Hamble (by Southampton Water), check all systems & instruments and go for lots of sail trials once there, getting to know new boat, then solo nonstop down to Canaries to wait for mid-end September, with lots more sailing/trials... before leaving for Cape of Good Hope & then on eastabout...
Question ... as a well-prepared and well-documented newly-built boat, would I need a survey in order to enter the 2010 SHTP? Up to now (and for foreseeable future) I've had no need for a survey (I am insured - they didn't require one)). That requirement could pose a problem and does seem rather unnecessary given the situation.
Best wishes to all at SSS - hope you're all enjoying a good season's sailing!

P.S. Keep an eye on my website for regular updates & position-reports once I get moving!

BobJ
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Question ... as a well-prepared and well-documented newly-built boat, would I need a survey in order to enter the 2010 SHTP?
Hi Jeanne,

I tend to agree with you - by the time you've sailed around to San Francisco I would think the boat and all of its systems would be better tested than a surveyor could do. If the survey requirement stays the same as the 2008 race, perhaps you could submit the factory's commissioning checklist or similar document?

There are no published Race Rules & Conditions for the 2010 SH TransPac, although a little bird told me that there are complete drafts awaiting review by the SSS board and/or Safety Committee. Things seem to be getting off to a slow start for planning this time.

I'll check your website periodically to see how the new boat is doing.

Best Regards.