PDA

View Full Version : Vallejo 1, few shots in San Pablo

brianb
10-08-2007, 11:34 PM
I captured a few images in San Pablo Bay. They would nt fit on the forum upload but you can find at the following URL:

www.brianboschma.com/sailing2007/vallejo07

You should see a file list.

Best sailing
Brian

Coyote
10-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Brian, Thanks - these are great shots!!

Steve

Bruce N
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Hey Brian, Thanks for the great shots! Bruce

AlanH
10-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I was bummed to miss the V-12, but on the upside, I set a personal best of 77 feet in the 16 pound hammer throw at the Ben Lomond Highland Games on Saturday, and tied my best mark (61 ft 8 inches) in the 22 pound hammer. My previous best in the light hammer was 74 feet and change.

Don't ask about the rest of my marks, they sucked...

On Sunday I introduced another sailor to the Outleader Kite, sailing out of Paradise Cay, which was fun....saw Max for a few moments while the wind went light.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Jonathan Gutoff
10-09-2007, 11:00 AM
We've posted a story on the race at norcalsailing.com (Or shall I say Christine did)

Critter
10-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Congratulations Alan! Having tossed your light hammer a few feet (or did you remove a few more pounds for me?) 77 feet is mind-boggling.

I would have stuck around longer Sunday to take some kite photos, but I used up all my film Saturday. (That's right, I haven't yet evolved from chemical to digital.) The film was pretty old, but if the pictures turn out I'll scan them and post them somewhere.

That was a great sail coming down San Pablo Bay Sunday. I was totally grooving, zonked out on endorphins.

LeFF
10-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Cool story and nice pics.

I was on Taz!! and we set the anchor twice. We thought their was enough wind to get going the first time, but we actually fell back a couple of boats. It's kind of funny as it was almost like we where skegging backwards. I'd throw the anchor out and it would be swept aft by the current before it hit the ground.