PDA

View Full Version : SSS Relationship with Other sailing Organizations

Ergo
01-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Recently, the SSS Board has received a number of requests from other organizations to use SSS meetings as venues for their activities. SSS meetings are held exclusively for SSS business.

We are supportive of other sailing organizations but have an obligation to our members not to waste their time with matters they may have little or no interest in.

In addition. as an organization, we do not endose any products or services. Don't ask.

Bill Merrick
SSS Commodore

Critter
02-02-2009, 02:14 PM
Face it Bill, we're the foxiest chick in school. Everyone wants to ask us to the prom.

brianb
08-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Recently, the SSS Board has received a number of requests from other organizations to use SSS meetings as venues for their activities. SSS meetings are held exclusively for SSS business.

We are supportive of other sailing organizations but have an obligation to our members not to waste their time with matters they may have little or no interest in.

In addition. as an organization, we do not endose any products or services. Don't ask.

Bill Merrick
SSS Commodore

Are these requests to attend the SSS SHTP seminars ? What other events have other clubs wanted to participate in ?

Brian

Ergo
08-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Hi Brian,

A blast from the past. I didn't even remember the quote and it was mine.

Early in the season, I received about 3 requests in three days to present information at our meetings. The only one I remember specifically was for a coffee table book of photographs from around the Bay. I posted the message you're asking about to stop that kind of thing.

All are more than welcome to attend SHTP seminars but I think it's reasonable to give preference to the questions and information needs of skippers who are actually thinking about doing the race. We wouldn't want to spend a lot of time trying to answer a question like "What kind of boat should I buy to sail to Hawaii".

Bill Merrick

brianb
09-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Ah, using SHTP to promote products. Makes sense....

Brian