PDA

View Full Version : Singlehanded Farallones Race - are you entered?

Critter
05-11-2009, 11:09 AM
So as not to step on Matt's announcement in the other forum, I'm posting here.

If you have entered the Singlehanded Farallones Race, you will have received an entry confirmation in your email, followed by a payment confirmation, followed by several notifications from Thom or me regarding incomplete requirements, request for a photo of your boat, etc.

If you DIDN'T receive all these messages, YOU ARE NOT ENTERED! I bring this up because on the morning of the Corinthian race we had somebody check in who had not completed the entry process - therefore there was no record of their entry. We were able to process their entry after the fact because they were long-time members and well known to the Race Committee.

But for the Farallones race the Coast Guard requires us to provide a detailed information sheet on every boat entered, by the start of the race. There is no way we can do this the morning of the race for somebody who thinks they're entered but isn't on our list.

So PLEASE: If you think you're entered for this Saturday, be sure you've completed all the entry requirements, and check the entry list at Regatta Manager to be sure your boat is there.

All for now, hope to see you Wednesday evening.
Max