PDA

View Full Version : Likely offline for a bit

AlanH
10-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I've got spinal surgery scheduled for Monday. It's not a high-risk thing and the prognoises is good for significant recovery of function in flexing my left ankle. However, I will be flat on My back and offline for two weeks, starting Monday....so don't burn the place down while I'm gone, eh?

haulback
10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
Best of luck Alan......will be rooting for you up here in the Great White North!!

I just did the 'recovery from surgery' thing lately myself. All went just fine.... sincerely hope you get over it as easily and quickly as I did

Jim

blighbaum
10-17-2007, 07:39 PM
BEST OF LUCK, AND A QUICK AND COMPLETE RECOVERY, ALAN!!! - Tom Kirschbaum, Feral

Eyrie
10-18-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey Alan,

Are you gonna have anything for your back like Sleddog had for his knee? :eek: I guess you wouldn't be "flat" on your back then, would you.

Word of advice: before you ask Joan to bring you another beer, first call her Princess. You'll get better results.

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

They don't call me Scull Crusher Johnson for nothin.

AlanH
10-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I got a "second opinion" from an orthopedic surgeon, who sent me to a neurologist for some electrodiagnostic testing. Upshot is, the damage that is messing up my left foot/ankle is in my knee, NOT in the dorsal nerve root. Therefore NO SURGERY. I just have to be patient and wait 1-6 months for whatever healing will naturally take place, to actually happen. Walking is difficult, but I can do it for extended periods, especially if I wear boots with lots of ankle support.

Some healing has occurred already. I can evert (twist sideways and outwards) my foot, though I can't flex it past mid-point. Two and a half weeks ago I couldn't evert it at all. So this is good....

YAY...so I will be on board for the Seminar on the 19th.