PDA

View Full Version : Audio COnference Dial Up for Nov 22nd

brianb
11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Here is the dial up number for the Nov 22nd meeting. This will go live at 7 pm. Please check here for instructions on down loading any slides or photos for the presentation.

Dial up: 1 800 750 4065

code 131732#

Eyrie
11-17-2007, 09:51 AM
E-steering Seminar --
Correct: Monday November 19th
Incorrect: Thursday November 22nd

Thanksgiving --
Correct: Thursday November 22nd
Incorrect: uh, not Thursday November 22nd

jbarthelmass
11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Brian and everyone involved,

Thanks for setting this up - it's much appreciated.

I'll dial in at 7.

tiger beetle
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
I'm curious - did the dail-in to the emergency rudder seminar work? Was it useful? Might have been difficult given the invisibility of the rudders on display last night.

- rob/beetle

cr1
11-20-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm curious - did the dail-in to the emergency rudder seminar work? Was it useful? Might have been difficult given the invisibility of the rudders on display last night.

- rob/beetle
Hey Rob,
Worked great as far as I'm concerned. I had all the links loaded in separate windows. I was able to follow pretty well. We couldn't hear the questions, but that wasn't a big deal. I did sign off early though. I had attended the Transpac Seminar on Sunday the month before when they covered a lot of the same stuff. The big advantage is not to have to put out the cost of roundtrip airfare and a room for the night. What about sharing the costs for us using the conference line? I haven't seen anything final. Let me know when you have a total.

Thanks to everyone for working up there to provide us a good show.

Rich Hillman
"Horizon"

brianb
11-20-2007, 07:35 PM
We had 5 dial in's to the conference call.

The most remote was Barbara in Greece.

THe total cost for this first phone conference was $29.00.

We have feedback from two users, one by phone, one in this forum.

Let us know how we could do this better, or if not useful let us know that too.

Regards,

Brian

Here is the dial up number for the Nov 22nd meeting. This will go live at 7 pm. Please check here for instructions on down loading any slides or photos for the presentation.

code 131732#

Eyrie
11-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Hey there remote dial-ins,

Looks like the first seminar breaks down to about $6 each, so about the price of one yacht club cocktail or 2 beers. Not bad, eh?
Alan put together a great power point presentation which should make its way on to the web site shortly, along with some photos taken at the seminar.

So, you can mail a check payable to:
2008 Singlehanded Transpac
to:
Singlehanded Sailing Society
PO Box 457
Alameda, CA 94501
USA
Attn: 2008 Singlehanded Transpac

If you want to keep a running tab or make other payment arrangements send me a private email : synpetroka@earthlink.net
and we can figure something out. Sorry, no credit cards.

Next seminar on Communications is schedued for Monday 17 December.

Synthia/Eyrie

jbarthelmass
12-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I'll put a check in the mail Monday.

The dial-in, while not perfect, was much better than missing the seminar. And six bucks worth of gas wouldn't get me out of the LA basin.

Thanks again to all involved - I'll be dialing in again on the 17th.:)

cr1
12-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Thanks again for putting on the dial in conference call. I'll be calling in again on the 17th.

Rich
Horizon
Contessa 26
------------

Eyrie
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
The number and code will be the same for tomorrow nights seminar on Offshore Communications:

code 131732#

Just a reminder: through the generosity of a few people you are able to get this information without the greater expense of being present at the Yacht Club, but we are providing this with the idea that it is based on the honor system and those that do take advantage will pay their share of the expenses. Last month I asked the folks that dialed in to contact me to arrange payment and only 2 did. I'm giving you all another chance this month, but if I don't see more honor I'm going to tell your father when he gets home, and then heads are gonna roll.

Synthia/Eyrie

robtryon
12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
What a bummer we didn't know about the teleconferencing! Rob tried making it to the seminar tonight but apparently traffic was atrocious. He left Sausalito at 4 p.m. and didn't even make it to the Richmond bridge by 5:30.

Has there been any talk of making the seminars later in the evening so everyone can avoid the bulk of traffic?

Eyrie
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Perhaps the traffic was particularly bad because of the rain and additional holiday traffic. :confused: Typically the commute starts to ease up by 6:30, but your results may vary. As it is now, the seminars run until 10 PM and often a bit over so if we started them later then 7:30 then it would be an equal hardship for the attendees to get home before it's tomorrow and then arrive fresh for work in the AM. :(

The Pac Cup folks have a weekend all day seminar format. The next one is scheduled for Saturday February 23rd from 8 AM -8 PM. Details on their web site: www.pacificcup.org/

Synthia/Eyrie

robtryon
12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
He tried to call in around 8:30 (when we found out about the teleconferencing) but it didn't work. He dialed the #, hit the code and then nothing happened. Tried it a couple times. Do you have to call in by a certain time? Thanks!

LaDonna

Eyrie
12-23-2007, 02:00 PM
I've never tried dialing in (always at the other end) so I will leave the troubleshooting advice to one of the other 12 people who successfully got through. And speaking of which, this round comes to $6 each again. Thanks for the participation.

Synthia/Eyrie

jbarthelmass
12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Synthia,

A check's in the mail - I picked up some good information in the seminar.

cr1
12-24-2007, 05:52 PM
He tried to call in around 8:30 (when we found out about the teleconferencing) but it didn't work. He dialed the #, hit the code and then nothing happened. Tried it a couple times. Do you have to call in by a certain time? Thanks!

LaDonna
Hi Rob and LaDonna,
I thought maybe my experience here may help.. When I dial in I'm asked for the code. After I plug in the code, I'm switched to the conference call. The only indication you hear is a beep about 500-1000 hz. Then you're live on the speaker phone. I happened to be at the seminar in person last week and so I've experienced both ends of the call. I heard a few beeps well into the seminar meaning that people were coming on or off line.

Before about 1930 hrs as I recall, no one is presenting and so the only noise you would hear is the low roar of ambient noise from the people in the room. Next time try just saying "Hi, anyone there?"

P.S. I'm the guy with the Contessa 26 down in Costa Mesa.

Hope this helps,

Riich