PDA

View Full Version : YRA 2nd Half Opener

Matt
07-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Is anyone else racing in the YRA 2nd Half Opener this weekend?

I thought I saw a few SSS racers in the long list of entries for this weekends YRA party circuit races hosted by the Encinal Yacht Club. I've posted a couple maps of the courses for Saturday and Sunday for anyone that can use them.

http://picasaweb.google.com/SSS.Pictures.09/EmailPhotos#5362045068224239634

http://picasaweb.google.com/SSS.Pictures.09/EmailPhotos#5362045067702975554

See you all out on the bay.

Matt

Dazzler
07-24-2009, 11:52 AM
Matt,

I'll be there with Dazzler (Wyliecat 30). Looking at the list of "PC Single/Double" entries, most are SSS racers, three of which are also doing the LongPac.

From your charts, I guess you don't think they'll send the short-handed boats out to Bonita? Hmm

Tom

Wylieguy
07-24-2009, 03:33 PM
NANCY will be there this weekend, sailing singlehanded I think. My crew person bailed to sail in the Tuna Nationals. I suspect we'll see the Bonita Buoy before we return to the EYC tomorrow!
Pat B.

jfoster
07-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Blueberry will miss Sat as I am still on the road back from a car trip to BC. Possibly there for Sun.

John
Blueberry, Nonsuch 22, sail #48

Matt
07-27-2009, 02:18 PM
If you all didn't read about the boat accident this weekend sailing out the gate to Point Bonita in a 4.8 knot flood, here is a link to Nor Cal sailing: http://www.norcalsailing.com/archives/Entries/2009/7/26_Death_of_a_Beauty.html

Sailiing around Alcatraz in a little lesser flood the next day wasn't much easier, except that I brought second hand to help.

I'm beat from beating. It'll take 2 weeks to dry out.

Lessons learned: Follow Can O' Wopass, Not Sugar Magnolia and stay away from the rocks farther than is needed, especially when shorthanded.

The SSS LongPac race starts on Wednesday with a much nicer 1.5 knot ebb at 10:45.

Matt
Tinker
Always keeping a sharp eye out for cross traffic no matter who has the right of way and giving good clearance to the windward side of buoys, reefs and shorelines.

Wylieguy
07-27-2009, 06:33 PM
The short handed division of the YRA Party Circuit is a fun series. I'm glad to see quite a few SSS folks out sailing the three race weekends (Vallejo Opener, 2nd Half Opener, Season Closer) - two races each weekend, one long and one shorter. There's plenty of time to sign up for the Season Closer weekend at the Corinthian YC on September 26/27. And, there's even more time to consider entering the whole banana in 2010. (Disclaimer: As YRA Chairman I guess one could say I'm prejudiced. Matter of fact, I am!)

Travieso
07-29-2009, 09:07 PM
JetStream has been there on the fully crewed division, though fully crewed for us is either double or triple handed. Its been fun mixing it up with the big boys, and have had some close racing with the Antrims. We had a great day Saturday, managing to squeeze through the north tower. Sunday I wish I would have looked at the course posted in this thread, we got both the course and windward mark wrong :( Oh well, next time.

PSutchek
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Hey Matt , You did great making it out to PB and back ! !

Also , We on the Can O' Whoopass don't know anything that other sailors don't , But it seems that the frosty cold beverages that we drink help in our brain processing abilities,,, AND we don't feel the pain of what were actually doing untill the next day ! ( J Kidding ). As for the YRA PC , three bullets and one dismasting isn't so bad... those 30+ miles last weekend kept me limping around for two day's...

Cheers - Paul