PDA

View Full Version : LongPac Race Committee Thank Yoo's!

Sparky
08-04-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks to all who helped out in successfully executing the 2009 LongPac race!

To all boat inspectors: Alan Hebert - thanks for taking on the Chief Inspector role, and for keeping everyone and everything together. To the other inspectors: Rob MacFarlane, Synthia Petroka, Bob Johnston, Greg Nelson, and Greg Morris. All of you have put in so much time at the beginning stages of this event to ensure all the boats were ready, and all the email correspondence was truly incredible. Again, many thanks for your help!

Thanks Matt Beall for all your efforts to set up the transponders on each boat! This was a great experiment, and we’ll see what the future holds regarding their use.

Thanks to Bob Harford, a good friend and owner of Stewball (Express 37) for letting Robbie and I use your beautiful boat as the RC hotel boat! It was perfect for the occasion, and we owe you big time!

Thanks to the Coast Guard for working with us. The coasties were easy to work with, and they definitely knew what was happening with all the racers on a regular basis.

To the Golden Gate Yacht Club for being so accommodating and letting us use your facilities!

To those volunteers on the race deck for the start: Gordie Nash (voice on VHF for starters), Dan Haynes (flag raiser), and Tom Kirschbaum (official shotgun shooter), Lucie Mewes, and Synthia Petroka.

A special thank you to Synthia Petroka & dog (girlfriend), who graciously brought Eyrie down to be with us and keep us company for a few days...you're awesome! You really get the race committee volunteer commitment thing, and we really enjoyed your company and help!

A very special thank you to my dear wife Robbie for all your help and support!

And to all those that visited us throughout our stay: Jeff Lebesch, Jim Quanci, Mary Lovely, Tom Kirschbaum, LaDonna Bubak, Rob Tryon, Julie Lucchesi, Jonathan Gutoff, Robert Crawford, Lucie Mewes, Ben Mewes, dog (sweet pea), Timo Bruck & Hillary, Rich Hudnut, Sylvia Seaberg & Tom Condy, and Bruce. Thanks for keeping us company, for the stories, laughs, food and drinks!

And last but not least, to all the racers --officially and unofficially-- that participated in this event. Welcome back and good race!

This concludes the 2009 LongPac race. Race Committee signing out and going home!

blighbaum
08-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Thank YOU, Ruben and Robbie, for being the race chairpersons! I spent just enough time with you to get an inkling of the time and effort you put in. Getting up every 4 or 6 hours to keep track of things and make reports would be my idea of a chore, and I know that was just the tail end of all that you did.

- Tom Kirschbaum, Feral