PDA

View Full Version : Richmond - South Beach Race 2009 Photos

Dazzler
08-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Sue has posted a few photos of the boats we were near during Saturday's race. Enjoy!

www.pbase.com/estey/20090822_sss_sobeach

Tom
Dazzler
Wyliecat 30

Culebra
08-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Thank you Tom and Sue... love the pics!
Paul

Coyote
08-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Sue, you sure captured the moment! Thanks for the great shots.
Steve
Coyote

BobJ
08-24-2009, 06:19 PM
See that masthead genoa on Coyote - all 18 bazillion square feet of it? We watched Steve grind that sucker in repeatedly while short-tacking through Raccoon. I'm making sure I never piss that guy off.

Great pictures Sue.

Jonathan Gutoff
08-24-2009, 07:28 PM
While Christine and I were heading to the Sarcoma Cup line we saw some of the bigger boats flying under the Bay Bridge on the flood and I remarked "That looks like Ragtime doing the race, But not Ragtime!.. The Ragtime." She didn't believe me.

Dazzler
08-25-2009, 08:38 AM
"That looks like Ragtime doing the race, But not Ragtime!.. The Ragtime."[/QUOTE]

Yes, I wish we had gotten a picture when we had a chance. There we were, pre-start in the (windy) Richmond Channel reaching at about 7 kts. on port tack. Coming straight at us on starboard are about 5 or 6 boats, also reaching at a fast clip. But, some of these boats are pretty big. I recognize "Q", but what is that BIG black boat with all carbon sails headed straight at me, and where am I going to go? Without many options, we all hold course and I thread between Q and, YES, it's THE Ragtime (Spencer 65) roaring by just to leeward of me. What a sight, black hull, had chine and carbon sails! They must have been doing at least 10 kts.

No photo, but a great memory.

Tom