PDA

View Full Version : SHTP Seminar General Info.

BobJ
08-30-2009, 09:35 AM
To access the speakerphone in the seminars:

Dial: *
Enter access code: *

* I'll edit these back in for next time (if I decide to beat my head against the wall again with that damn thing).

If you use this, please send $6.50 per connection to me at the address on page 3 of the Race Rules and Conditions. This should cover the phone service costs.

Thanks.

cafemontaigne
08-31-2009, 10:53 AM
There was talk about the seminars being recorded. Is that going to happen? I would be interested in hearing the content but don't really feel like I need to dial in real-time.

Adrian

BobJ
08-31-2009, 12:07 PM
I don't know where you may have heard it but there are no plans to record the sessions.

Every one of the presenters will be astonishingly photogenic and each has guaranteed a visually-dynamic presentation - mere audio recordings would never do them justice. Though a lowly compromise, the speaker phone will allow you to ask them questions and make wise cracks and other comments. But we won't even mess with the speaker phone if there's not enough interest, so please vote in the poll above.

Eric Thomas
09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Bob this was a great help to getting Polar Bear out there and up to snuff! I will be calling in and listening, happy to pay, there will be at least one other doing the same from Minnesota as we plan to send another boat for 2010. Sorry about the snoring last year it gets a bit late for me in central time.

ET:)

BobJ
09-10-2009, 01:12 PM
So that's what that noise was - I thought it really WAS a polar bear, seminar season being Winter in MN (Sept-June).

cafemontaigne
09-14-2009, 11:50 AM
OK, sounds good. I vote "yes".

Adrian

cr1
10-14-2009, 08:10 PM
To access the speakerphone in the seminars:

Dial *
Enter access code *

* I'll put this back up just before the next seminar

If you use this, please send $6.50 per meeting to me at the address on page 3 of the Race Rules and Conditions. This should cover the phone service costs.

Thanks.

Hi all,

I can't find the dial up number and access code. Not up yet? Apologies for being antsy!

Rich Hillman
"Horizon"
Contessa 26
Costa Mesa

BobJ
10-14-2009, 08:43 PM
No worries Rich - I'll put the phone number and code back up before Monday night.

ONE THING THOUGH: We have a conference call bill for $45 from the last seminar and I haven't received a single check from anyone to pay it. Brian tells me there were twelve speakerphone connections last time (some might have been the same participant twice).

We'll do this one more time - the electrical systems seminar is shaping up to be a good one - but the speakerphone is strictly a pay-as-we-go deal. Send your checks, payable to the Singlehanded Sailing Society, to me at the address shown in the Race Rules and Conditions (2.12 on Page 3). I need seven checks for $6.50 each to pay the last bill.

haulback
10-15-2009, 06:51 AM
Bob
didn't make the last (listen-in) seminar - due to work - and unable to make the next one as I will be out sailing.

maybe the next one if it is still going.

Jim/Haulback

cr1
10-20-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey Bob,

I missed the seminar last night. I couldn't access the forum to get the number. It said suspended. I also couldn't access the sfbaysss site. It couldn't hook up and timed out.
Any ideas? Today everything's good. I feel like a nut!

Rich in Costa Mesa --- "Horizon"

BobJ
10-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi Rich,

You didn't do anything wrong - it was a case of bad timing for things to go south with this bulletin board. I tried to get here Monday at about 1700 and realized that unless people saw my post Sunday night and wrote the numbers down, they would not know how to dial in. My apologies to everyone who was affected.

I have copies of the handouts and will ask KKMI's permission to post them here. I also want to write a post or two (with Rob's help) to recap the Q&A that we had after Ron Romaine got through his outline.

Finally, for those who attended the electrical seminar (in person or by phone) two years ago, it was very much the same content.

I'm sorry things didn't go well with this board and the dial-in yesterday.

cr1
10-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi Rich,

You didn't do anything wrong - it was a case of bad timing for things to go south with this bulletin board. I tried to get here Monday at about 1700 and realized that unless people saw my post Sunday night and wrote the numbers down, they would not know how to dial in. My apologies to everyone who was affected.

I have copies of the handouts and will ask KKMI's permission to post them here. I also want to write a post or two (with Rob's help) to recap the Q&A that we had after Ron Romaine got through his outline.

Finally, for those who attended the electrical seminar (in person or by phone) two years ago, it was very much the same content.

I'm sorry things didn't go well with this board and the dial-in yesterday.

Hey Bob and thanks for the quick response... Yeah I found out when you posted as admin when the sfbaysss dot net forum came up and explained.

Now one more question... I can't find the seminar schedule. Am I old or what? The reason is that if I want to come up to say hi I need a bit of advance notice to pick the one(s) I come up for.

pmummah
11-03-2009, 11:00 AM
Yes, please post the seminar schedule on the website. In the calendar area? thanks

BobJ
11-03-2009, 04:41 PM
Except for December's deal, these are all Monday nights:

10/19 was Electrical Systems at KKMI

11/16 was Steering at Oakland Yacht Club

12/13 was a SHTP cruise-in at Encinal Yacht Club

1/18 is Offshore Communications and Electronics

2/15 will be Sail Selection and Repair

Tentative based on speaker and venue availability:

3/15 will be Rigging (hopefully at KKMI)

4/12 will be Medical and Safety

5/10 will be Provisioning and Return Options

6/14 will be Weather and Tactics

(6/19 is the Start!)